Thread: Current Xaviere clearouts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Current Xaviere clearouts

Some great deals - http://store.guitarfetish.com/spclblblsa.html
    I like that dbl. cut hollowbody XV-580 w/back blem.

Post Thanks / Like

I see you've caught on quickly as to what this forum is all about.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by msteeln
    Some great deals - http://store.guitarfetish.com/spclblblsa.html
    I like that dbl. cut hollowbody XV-580 w/back blem.
    The one thing that keeps me away from the XV-580 is the complete lack of access to the cavety and electronics. No F hole or anything, so how do you replace/adjust/repair the electronics? Otherwise... Oooh-laa-laa!

//I wonder how many blem's are returns due to something serious and not just a minor finish problem from manufacturing?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

You can probably get to the electronics through the back pickup rout. Far from ideal though. String and a lot of patience are your friends here.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I see you've caught on quickly as to what this forum is all about.
    Heh heh, it's a great time to be alive, innit?!

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Xavier

My experience with inexpensive Xavier guitars has been superior to SX guitars and roughly equal to the 2000 level Agile LP tribute style guitars. I would not equate them to Epiphones of high quality like Standards and above or other high quality tribute LP style guitars like Micheal Kelly, Schecter, LTD high level series, etc.

My Xavier XV500 has great crunchy pat pups covered with chrome or nickel and has a beautiful finish; it is white and beautiful. The neck is beautiful as is the rosewood fretboard and all of the inboard electronics, including heavy duty wiring and components.

These clearout items are most probably outstanding values and great playing guitars that will startle you with their quality when you compare them to guitars you spent WAY more on. My white LP tribute Xavier has a three quarter inch solid maple cap over the solid mahogany body, no chambering here.

The overall vibe, in my opinion, of these guitars is great; except for the six on a side tuner models have a very foolish looking new style headstock. I wish more people would complain. G&L at a least developed a very attractive headstock when they moved from the traditional fender style cut.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art