Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Should I shave my head? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What should I do about my baldy head?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trim it weekly with an electric razor

8 38.10%
  • Wear a baseball cap

0 0%
  • Leave it as is and suck it up, dude

8 38.10%
  • Other - please add your suggestion to the thread

5 23.81%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I shave my head?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    My goal is to look "neutral" so that people watching don't get distracted. I think I might start wearing contacts too. No glare from the lights and no stupid "you look like an accountant in those glasses" comments...
    First off, your videos are excellent and your hair is just that, hair. It's not like you are doing a massive comb over and, even if you were, so what! Second, the internet is full of douche-bags that have nothing to do but to make themselves feel better by criticizing their betters. Screw the haters, don't respond to their stupid posts just ignore them or delete and ban the fools. I love your videos and think you are great just how you are. Don't let the morons bother you. Real people with real taste like you. Who cares about the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

If you must listen to the complaints of douche-bags just realize that what they say is 100% wrong. So if they want you to cut your hair, then what you really need is BIG A-- AFRO like this instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Or just get AYHSMB tattooed on the bald patch

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=AYHSMB

Link may not be work safe
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, I always believe it is best to visualize a result before acting. The options appear to me to be:
    1). Leave well enough alone.
    2). Go for broke.
    3) The Miao baby hat.

Personally, I like you best as is. But if you go for option 3 I think you could really be huge.

I have provided a handy visual aid to help you in your decision. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    Robert, I always believe it is best to visualize a result before acting. The options appear to me to be:
    1). Leave well enough alone.
    2). Go for broke.
    3) The Miao baby hat.

Personally, I like you best as is. But if you go for option 3 I think you could really be huge.

I have provided a handy visual aid to help you in your decision. Good luck!

Syo, that is just awesome. Robert, stay as you are or buy yourself one of those "Miao baby hats" and rock on!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it short........visible but short. Do not go bald. Most white guys don't have the proper shaped noggins to make BALD work like black guys do. It works with most black guys.........it flops with most whites.

Don't go the Justin Sandercoe route and wear a woolen hat. He and Satch look ridiculous with those things on.

I have a lot less hair than you and I keep it a notch or two above bald. Looks great and NO muss or fuss with wasting time combing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't shave! You'll look like you just did chemotherapy. I like it best as is. Do nothing and screw the punks on youtube.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

One word, two syllables:

Skullet.

Maybe an addition of a Fu Man Chu might add to the awesomeness. Maybe put down the jogging shoes for a while and pick up a heavy bag. I think in a short while you could be rocking an awesome new look:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Do nothing, NOTHING, because of YouTube comments. If you want to do it because you want to do it, go right ahead. Trolls can perch and twirl.
    Marnold you are so right!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Go for it! If you shave your head and don't like it, hair does grow back. And everybody needs to feel the wind on their scalp at least once in their life. To say nothing of walking in the rain; that's a real kick.

I started shaving my head about six years ago. Never looked back.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My wife thinks bald guys are hot. Unfortunately for her, I don't seem to have that gene in my DNA.

Personally, I think you have to go one way or the other. Embrace the baldness, and cut it short, or try somethign to regrow hair. I hate fake boobs, I'd rather see small, saggy, or not equally shaped boobs than fake ones. I reckon most people in the real world feel the same about hair. If they don't, they should.

Screw hats, screw plugs, screw rogaine, screw spray paint. Just get an electric and throw a number 1 on there and cut it all off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good one, syo! You've inspired me to look up my favorite YouTube guitar hair master, Jason Lee...
    (nice Reverend, BTW)

Robert, please stick with what you have!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

@Tig.. Oh great.. now I have to photoshop Robert's face into that picture...
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

I find this to be difficult to answer. I have a good friend who had a pretty sizeable bald spot and medium-length hair. He eventually buzzed it and a while later added a beard. Now that's his look. However, I wasn't so sure any of the changes would be for the better. You just really don't know until you do it.

Basically, I'd say you should feel free to try anything, but don't do it because of the video comments. As somebody mentioned, the people who post those comments will probably just try to find something else to make fun of if you cut your hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I went and bought an electric machine today! Wait and see what I will look like...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mainestratman
    @Tig.. Oh great.. now I have to photoshop Robert's face into that picture...
    Alright, MSM you put Robert's face in the picture and I'll put dude's hair on Robert:

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had as much hair as you do. Don't sweat the small stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    I hate fake boobs, I'd rather see small, saggy, or not equally shaped boobs than fake ones.
    That's some crazy talk there, C64!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going for a 25 mm hair cut. How does that sound?

This will be the "new" Robert - I will be like a whole new person!
    Ya'll have to get to know me all over again...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast