Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harmony-central.com as we knew it is gone.

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Harmony

There is no harmony at harmony.

The old version we like so much is there alright, but it is de-nutted: you can't post new reviews, etc. So it is sort of a dead image of itself.

They make it sound like they are working on the new version to make it really nice and better. I don't really see this happening in actuality.

When you look at reviews there is not a date that the reviewer submitted the review, as far as I can see. It just says 3 months ago, etc. But I could easily be looking in the wrong section of the reviews because it is not an easy new site to navigate around in. I think it is far inferior to the old site.

Why do they think the new site is better? It just isn't apparent to me. It looks cheap.

I would bet that they are paying some software development company BIG money to produce this inferior product. BIG money. Maybe even an additional BIG annual licensing fee and maintenance fees, as well as administration fees. Why?

Having a sterile version of the old site there is inadequate because it will contain no new content. This will have the effect of trying to push people over to the new site because of its up to date content. Slowly wean us off the old site and gradually get us to go to the new site when we need to.

Thing is, the new site doesn't seem to have the traffic and content of the old site, at least in terms of reviews. People may be jumping ship rather than mess with the undesirable new site and the way it was shoved down our throats.

I wonder if statistical analysis will show that the number of submitted reviews per week has decreased with the new format as compared to the average weekly statistics for the old format? I'm sure that info will never be shared with us.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still unable to log into the new site. I guess I don't care if I ever do really.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The feedback about the new format seems to be universally negative.

I could understand the change if it was a quantum leap from the old site to the new, but this is anything but that. Navigating the site is more laborious and time consuming than before with no appreciable gain in function. In other words, it's all pain and no gain.

Changing something just because you can is no reason to do so. If you're not making it better (as in this case), you're making it worse (again, as in this case).
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

the new HC site is terrible, so much for looking at their reviews before buying something...i always read a lot of sites reviews before buying, but HC was one of my favs. this reminds me of the 'new look' they gave ebay a while ago, the old one was better. i guess the web design people just need something to keep them busy sometimes, so they come up with this stuff...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mars2010
    the new HC site is terrible, so much for looking at their reviews before buying something...i always read a lot of sites reviews before buying, but HC was one of my favs. this reminds me of the 'new look' they gave ebay a while ago, the old one was better. i guess the web design people just need something to keep them busy sometimes, so they come up with this stuff...
    I think you can still access the old review section, look for legacy reviews.
    I don't know, I didn't try, but you may even be able to still post in that section.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    No more user reviews?

My bookmark doesn't work anymore.
    care to elaborate on that?there is an easy fix and a not so one depending on info given.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can still access the old reviews in the "legacy" format.

Reminds me a little of the sucker play that Coca-Cola pulled on the public when they introduced the "new" Coke years ago. Coca-Cola had no intention of permanently replacing the old Coke with the "new" Coke. They just took the old Coke away from the consumer to increase demand. When the complaints reached a crescendo, Coca-Cola "re-issued" the old formula as "Coke Classic". Sales went through the roof, and Coca-Cola laughed all the way to the bank. The "new" Coke was slowly removed from the market place and no one noticed.

The difference between HC and Coca-Cola is that Coca-Cola had a devious and well thought out plan. HC appears to have just stumbled into quicksand without even remembering to bring a rope.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12