Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
GFS Pedals

Thread: GFS Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Default GFS Pedals

Anyone use these?

I am thinking of getting the Blues Drive Classic, Pro Chorus, Pro Delay, Sweet Sparkle Comp as the basis of my pedal board. Any thoughts would be great.
    2009 Standard Strat SSS Brown Sunburst
    2009 Fender Blues Junior Tweed NOS
    2007 Line 6 Spider Jam

Post Thanks / Like

Line 6 M9 or m13 ???

Some videos:

M13
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVE308yT7tE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYsjeyWrvuQ

M9
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV-pHZRydxw

Not affiliated in any way but I have the M9...its works great for me.
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose I can understand why the M13 is $500, but why is the M9 $400!? Damn that is expensive! I have always liked the inovation that Line 6 have come out with (Echo Park, etc.), and the great sound they produce, but wow, are they proud of their stuff.
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like

It seems (by the look and by posts on other forums) that the GFS pedals are re-branded BiYang (sold mostly on eBay) pedals. The price/feature point on them is very attractive. I have been tempted on several occations to buy one (BiYang) from a seller on eBay, but never did. The one that caught my eye the most was one that had a user-replaceable op amp chip (thru a hatch on the bottom), and even came with several different ones, including a 4558 "Tube Screamer" chip. Let us know if you take the plunge on one of them.

By the way, my pedal collection includes some Behringer stompers, which also have a very nice price/feature point.
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    Rockman Soloist

Post Thanks / Like

You know Dean at first I thought 500 bucks thats alot for a pedal board,but think about it a good pedal is over 100 bucks each and (I have the M13) this has more than I will use,I haven't even put a bent in this puppy yet and I feel I saved over 500 bucks by buying it.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

We've been through that discussion...lol

check:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=14063
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=13090
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=8090

If you search for M9 or M13 there's all kinds of info on the fret.
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Just as a reminder, our thread starter here was asking about the GFS pedals, not the Line 6 multi-effects modelers.

I'm not personally familiar with the GFS pedals, which definitely appear to be rebranded BiYang pedals. Plenty of sound clips available on the GFS site, though. Certainly nicely priced. No idea what the build quality is like. You might want to rummage through the Harmony Central reviews and see how people like 'em.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

my apologies.... I have no experience with the GFS pedals, maybe someone else?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the Line6 products, besides my Blues Junior, I also have a Line 6 Spider Jam and love that amp too. I have been looking over the M3 and M9 and I think I would jump on those if I felt I needed or wanted a larger number of pedals.

I believe that what I need at the moment for my style (blues and classic rock) and level (self taught playing for three years) is a bluesy distortion pedal, delay, possibly a comp (I am trying to understand exactly what they do) and a tuner, although the tuner does not have to be a pedal, could be something like an intelitouch.

I don't gig and have no plans on making a living or charging to play anywhere, so I don't want to spend a ton of money, this is what first drew me to the GFS pedals.
    2007 Line 6 Spider Jam

Post Thanks / Like

Under the category of inexpensive "bluesy distortion pedal" options, I would strongly recommend you considering either of these:

Both are good sounding overdrives and excellent values.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Just as a reminder, our thread starter here was asking about the GFS pedals, not the Line 6 multi-effects modelers.

Sorry voodoo, got a little carried away.
    Scott

Guitars:
    Amps:
    Pedals:
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    Rockman Soloist

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, guys--we all wander off topic here from time to time. Just trying to make sure the original question got some attention....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanEVO_Dude
    Sorry voodoo, got a little carried away.
    I had no problem with the deviation either, although I appreciate Voodoo's intervention. I actually welcome alternate opionions especially when I am seeking advice that seems to be zeroing in on a specific ending.

Even though I am a Line6 amp owner, I had not considered other options from their product line. In fact, the post made me see if I could run my Spider Jam into my Blues Junior and use the effects on board the Spider Jam along with my FBV Shortboard.

The only way I can see doing it easily would be to use the headphone out on the Spider Jam. Is this possible? I can't seem to find any information on doing that. Then again, all that would acomplish is move the Spider Jam tone from it's speaker to the BJ
    2007 Line 6 Spider Jam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goose
    I had no problem with the deviation either, although I appreciate Voodoo's intervention. I actually welcome alternate opionions especially when I am seeking advice that seems to be zeroing in on a specific ending.

Even though I am a Line6 amp owner, I had not considered other options from their product line. In fact, the post made me see if I could run my Spider Jam into my Blues Junior and use the effects on board the Spider Jam along with my FBV Shortboard.

The only way I can see doing it easily would be to use the headphone out on the Spider Jam. Is this possible? I can't seem to find any information on doing that. Then again, all that would acomplish is move the Spider Jam tone from it's speaker to the BJ
    Well, that is an interesting idea... Typically, the way you use part (preamp) of one amp with part (power amp) of another is thru an effects loop, somtimes called line-in and line-out (such as on my Hughes & Kettner). There might be an impedance miss-match using a headphone output into an instrument input. Alass, I am no expert, though I have put the line-out on my H & K into my Marshall... didn't like the tone much, though.

If budget is your concern, Behringer makes many, many stompers modeled after more famous incarnations with low pricing. I personally have the VP1 (Small Stone Phaser clone), EM600 (Echo Park clone), PH9 (Phase 90 clone), and have had the TM300 (Sansamp GT-2 clone), UM300 (Ultra Metal clone), and DM100 (DS1/Distortion+/Rat clone). The BiYang/GFS pedals are more robust (made from metal instead of plastic) and feature "true-bypass" and all, so it kinda makes them a little more attractive due to the durability. Plus, with the "generic" form factor the cases have, if you "grow out of it", you can alway gut it and make something else with all the build-your-owns available out there (I personally like Tonepad.com). Just some thoughts...
    Scott

Guitars:
    Amps:
    Pedals:
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    Rockman Soloist