Thread: Now a card-carrying member of the radical BAD MONKEY revolution

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Now a card-carrying member of the radical BAD MONKEY revolution

A million trillion thanks to m29 for his Bad Monkey!

I have been jonesing HARD for one of these pedals since I watched Robert's demo, the demo on the Digitech site and the videos plastered all over YouTube and elsewhere.

That and my girlfriend told me I had to get one because it's a monkey. I know. She's a little odd, but she is so darn cute!

So, to get a baseline, I fired up the demo on the Digitech site and ran the riffs through my PA, following along with them the best I could to get an idea of the sound different between whatever guitar and amp they were using and my rig.

Yeah. LP makes EVERYTHING sound better. ;-)

I remembered reading a post on one of the other 200 Bad Monkey threads that unlike some other OD pedals, when you crank the bass on the BM, it actually cranks up the bass.

Heaven.

I am in absolute heaven. Nirvana. Valhalla. The Happy Hunting Grounds. In the words of Dangerous Toys, I am Sportin' a Woody.

Here's a little fact about Jon (me, in the third person cause I rock like that.. lol)... I like bass. Maybe a little too much. When I'm crunchin on power chords and such, I love that dirty sound. That's one of the reasons I use the Ernie Ball Slinky Hybrids.. thick bass strings, really thin treble strings. This little metallic green box of OD goodness exemplifies that.

Bad Monkey = Good Monkey. I haven't quite dialed it in yet, but am close. REAL close.

The other totally awesome thing with BM is that with the level dimed, Bass and Treble at noon and gain killed, at least with the LP/Hot Rod Deluxe combination, it gives me such a smooth, transparent OD...

I give Bad Monkey 4 opposable thumbs up. If I think of it, I might grab some audio.
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! This pedal can work very well, indeed.

Perhaps I should do a new video with the Bad Monkey, now that I have a better recording setup?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. You may go through seasons with the Monkey and if you do just don't get rid of it. It's always going to have a place no matter what new thing you might start Jonesing for. When you come right back to it the Monkey can definitely get the job done. It's a really good stacker too.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear mainstratman well maybe.....I think I miss it already......It's got a good home with an excitement level like that! If you got all that out of it in one day, your gunna have a ball with. Like Tater says it's a great stacker too. Nuttin like a woody and a Naughty Monkey on a Friday night!

Post Thanks / Like

Great little pedal. I use mine as a slight boost, and stack it with the ZYS for screamin' overdrive.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

@M29... no worries, my friend. That Monkey is in a loving, caring home. I put it in front of my BSIAB (which I use if I want to cut loose with a higher-gain Marshall-y sound).. the two together makes for this really dirty gain that makes me want to shower. :-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.