Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Polytune by TC Electronic

Thread: Polytune by TC Electronic

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Polytune by TC Electronic

Looks like a very interesting and useful tuner.

With PolyTune, you simply strum all strings on your guitar or bass at once, and it will immediately tell you which strings need tuning.

Polytune by TC Elecronic

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that tuner already and I think the "all strings at once" option is pretty cool. One thing of importance though is the readability of the display when you are on stage. Most of the tuners have bad displays when it comes to green and red mimni leds. They work at home, but once on stage with darker light and blending spots they s****.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that a couple of months ago. It looks pretty interesting. I'd love it if they built one for a pedal steel.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,

I've been running the beta firmware for a long time and just found out that they finally released the new firmware. If you have an original Polytune you should check it out.

Here is a link to the updated user's manual.

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/topic/...date-released/

Hi all,

the Polytune Drop D update is finally released and you can download it here:
    http://www.tcelectronic.com/polytune-software.asp
    apart from the much requested Drop D feature, the new software update also adds a Capo mode (up to the 7th fret)
    Big thanks a lot to all the Beta testers!

best regards,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Just completed the firmware upgrade..nice and easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I still like mine. It had the "Drop D" feature as I got it, so I don't know if I need to do a firmware upgrade.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I've had mine for several months now. Works great! Replaced a TU2.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

This is the best tuner I have ever used. And when I got it the Polytune was the same price as the latest Boss pedal tuner but it was packed with many more features, plus it was true bypass which is a must have for me as I don't like any tone sucking pedals.

Overall its a great pedal packed with loads of tuning options and displays and very easy to read on stage and definitely built to last

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Had mine for at least a year now, maybe two. Does what it's supposed to do. I can read it in full sunlight, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using the PT, too. Don't know about you guys, but I have the impression it robs a little bit of the crispiness and high end - can anyone confirm that? Other than that it does a good job.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I started using clip-on tuners only nowadays. Works great and saves me pedal board space. Scott Henderson is convinced they improve the tone too.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I started using clip-on tuners only nowadays. Works great and saves me pedal board space. Scott Henderson is convinced they improve the tone too.
    Definitely what I will apply, too. Which one are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

I got a free one at NAMM from Reverb, and I like it. The other one I use is the Snark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I got a free one at NAMM from Reverb, and I like it. The other one I use is the Snark.
    The snark looks quire interesting. one question though - isn't the display like in the way when you tune the high e-string, I mena when you got your hand on the tuner/tuners it covers the display of the clip tuner, doesn't it? Sorry, if my question sounds stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I do not have that problem. Perhaps it depends on how you clip it on, or where you put your hand when tuning.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Snark exclusively for bass. Granted, intonation is a little less critical on bass, but it works well regardless. The Snark isn't perfect, but if you listen in conjunction with it (which I would argue you should anyway), you can get pretty close.

So yeah, I agree with Robert. And while a clip-on tuner likely won't be as good as a Turbo Tuner, the advantages of it outweigh the disadvantages for me. Tuning and blocking the display has never been an issue, but I see what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I have the the polytune and the mini polytune they suite my needs I like them very easy to use and see.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

My Snark-8 arrived today. That thing is cool and I really like the clip tuner. The PT left the board now - less pedals = even more direct and natural sound ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Snark. Good choice!