Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Duhvoodooman - you're too cheap

Thread: Duhvoodooman - you're too cheap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duhvoodooman - you're too cheap

You should be charging WAYYY more for your pedals, if this is any indication:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-70s-DOD-...#ht_500wt_1151

"Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Nice of you to say so, but I do this mostly as a hobby and to feed my GAS, not to make a living. Seeing pricing like that stuff burns my butt, 'cuz I have a pretty good idea of the cost of the materials and the time involved. Sorry, but I don't think solder jockeys like me should get paid the hourly rate of brain surgeons! :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, don't cut yerself short, DVM! Just give us fretters good deals, but charge everyone else an arm and a few legs!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

That is just friggin' silly. I have put it on my watch list, just to see what gets it though.
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like

yeah zactly. Nobodies going to pay a grand for that. Seller is just fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

We all know that those suit wearing guys that call themselves collectors ruin the market for the real musicians like us. If the instrument or effect could speak it would say:" Take me out of the vitrine, stop polishing me and start playing me!

I don't know about DVM's pricing, but I know that his pedals sound fantastic and maybe at the end of the year I'm gonna order one to spread the Zonkin' virus in Europe.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I have always wished that ebay had a way of letting us know how many times an item has been posted by the same member. That thing has been on the bay for quite some time. I think this is the 3rd time I have seen it. He has not budged on the price.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Hey, don't cut yerself short, DVM! Just give us fretters good deals, but charge everyone else an arm and a few legs!

Personally I think DVM should make all us fretters a deal on a ZYS Mark II to sell it to us as demonstrators for the cost of the parts and shipping so that more people around the country get to hear the ZYS live and that would generate alot more business for DVM pedals Incorporated LLC esquire
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, let's clarify - I meant (jokingly) that DVM's current prices are already great deals for us... realize how much time it takes the man to build these little wonders.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    I don't know about DVM's pricing, but I know that his pedals sound fantastic and maybe at the end of the year I'm gonna order one to spread the Zonkin' virus in Europe.
    AAMOF, I have a ZYS build this month going to a guy in Freiburg. Have previously shipped pedals to the UK and Switzerland. Also have pending orders destined for Bulgaria, Denmark and Japan. Still waiting for my first orders from S. America, Africa or Australia, though....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    AAMOF, I have a ZYS build this month going to a guy in Freiburg. Have previously shipped pedals to the UK and Switzerland. Also have pending orders destined for Bulgaria, Denmark and Japan. Still waiting for my first orders from S. America, Africa or Australia, though....
    Wow that sounds fantastic! Didn't know that.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

As wonderful as it is that DVM's "objets d'arte" are going WorldWide.....it's also comforting to know that he deals Locally too......as the USPS mailman will attest to as several DVM pedals (Mos y Mas ODII; Rabid Rodent; Ram's Head Muff version; British Blues OD and Triboost) have have made the Short Trip from New Yawk to Philly.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno about too cheap, but I bought a "Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Mark II" Overdrive/Boost Pedal. It's very rugged, sounds great and didn't cost an arm and a leg. I'm pedalled out, but would certainly return if I was in the market. (Service was also responsive and prompt.)
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah