Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
J. Bonamassa Epiphone to come
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: J. Bonamassa Epiphone to come

Post Thanks / Like

Default J. Bonamassa Epiphone to come

This is great news I think. Epiphone will come out with a JB signature LP this year.

Here's a quote from the man himself:
    "I have the prototype on the bus and its ace. Burst buckers, good hardware and this one is pretty light."

"A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I was about to make my Goldtop Classic into a JB Clone. Damn! Now I don't know if I should leave it stock and wait to see the Epi JB. Where did you get the info Jimi?
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    I was about to make my Goldtop Classic into a JB Clone. Damn! Now I don't know if I should leave it stock and wait to see the Epi JB. Where did you get the info Jimi?
    It comes from his site forum here, a guy started a thread about a Vintage Icon replica of his Gibby ...

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13751
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see that! Good on Joe to work with Epi for a sig available to mere mortals.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I tried a few Vintage LPs before I worked out what felt wrong about them. It was only when I saw one on a stand next to an Epiphone I realised the Vintage necks have a shallower back angle. Not a huge difference but enough to feel slightly "wrong". I like the look of the Mick Abrahams SG Special though
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

It'd certainly be interesting, especially if they can put it at a price us cheapskates can afford.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Vintage Icon Gold top with P90s. It is an excellent guitar. I paid 400 Can. and had to have a fret level for $100 including set up and strings. Now for 500 it is as nice as any of my LPs.
    They use Wilkinson pickups and hardware and all of that is really good.
    I bet the Epi will be over a grand street price.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Similar spec to the '59 reissue I just bought ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Jones
    Similar spec to the '59 reissue I just bought ?
    Not sure what your question was?
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Zman for the confusion.The new JB Epi , I wonder if they had a few left over from the 1959 they made on the Reissue slapped a gold top on `em and a few hundred dollars .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Jones
    Sorry Zman for the confusion.The new JB Epi , I wonder if they had a few left over from the 1959 they made on the Reissue slapped a gold top on `em and a few hundred dollars .
    The Epi 59 is a sales hit, properbly they have not so called left overs...
    But the basis for Joe's sig could be the same, as the neck profile on the "real" JB sig is a 59 profile.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I think Epi finally got it that they make a pretty good facsimile of a Gibson, The electronics are usually the only thing people switch out. They already have a goldie with p90s, and I think the 59 and the Slash have USA electronics so why not a JB.
    The Elitist models did it from Japan, and were excellent guitars, maybe too good.
    Miy Goldie is in the shop as we speak, and I am debating whether to JB it with Black accessories.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    I am debating whether to JB it with Black accessories.
    Same thoughts here...it would look great...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photos of the Epi JB Sig!

Scroll down to the June 24th entry:

http://epiphoneblog.wordpress.com/

Freakin' drool!
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Since we are revisitng this thread, does anyone know when the guitar will be available and the specs. Mine turned out wonderful but I still have left the creme plastic on it and only one seet of knobs. It might be worth a look. I bet it won't be cheap.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

According to the comments in the article that Kat linked to, it's expected "sometime in the 4th quarter." Some asked there how much it would cost but he didn't respond to that. My guess is that it will be on the high end of the Epi line.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Some asked there how much it would cost but he didn't respond to that. My guess is that it will be on the high end of the Epi line.
    Yup, agreed. I'm guessing $800 - $1000 range, similar to the Slash signature model, maybe not quite as much.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Here! Clicky Linky!

Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised it's a limited release. $699 is a pretty good price. What does a 1959 neck profile mean? Chunky as heck?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast