Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Funky Slide Clip

Thread: Funky Slide Clip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funky Slide Clip

Made few tracks last night on this BT , this one sounded good to my ears..

Moded for slide Peavy Falcon , Blackstar Ht5 , GGG late 60 s Fuzzface..on Audacity recording softw....

Youtube version on post bellow..

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9045464
    Last edited by Blaze; April 22nd, 2010 at 05:51 PM.
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Nice funky sliding brother
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Really greasy sound on this. Love it. It's my favourite slide tuning, but I don't get to use it in the band as it'd only work on a couple of songs and that's not enough to justify keeping an extra guitar tuned to G. No pick I assume? What was the guitar effect again? (edit ... oops, sorry just saw the fuzzface note. Nice overdrive) Very nice clip.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Love the tone. Nice playing.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Made few tracks last night on this BT , this one sounded good to my ears..

Moded for slide Peavy Falcon , Blackstar Ht5 , GGG late 60 s Fuzzface..on Audacity recording softw....

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9045464
    Really sound excellent for my ears Blaze, I like the touch of Southern style and some of the Landreth style of licks really great song Your tone is nice and creamy
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Blaze!! Nothing quite like the siren call of an overdriven slide guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Blaze almost missed this one WOW! Who opened the gate man,you keep getting better every time.Great I can't wait for the next one.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Blaze almost missed this one WOW! Who opened the gate man,you keep getting better every time.Great I can't wait for the next one.Sumi
    Thanks guys for these nice comments..

You know Sumi the first time i saw Johnny Winter alone on stage sittin on a stool,illuminated by a single followspot playin that slide,that was pure magic for me,it was the Quebec city concert in 1974..

I had played a little slide in few bands over the years but lately watchin clips of Derek Trucks and others talented players opened that gate to work on it again ..

Next time it will be either a lapstell or a slidish acoustic guitar clip,keep learning is the goal..

--Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

A Youtube version as experiment on my first try with windows Movie Maker.

Fun tool ...

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

SUH-MOKIN'!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wicked good, Blaze! I wish I could play slide like you.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Blaze,

This kicks butt! It sounds awesome. You're getting a fantastic tone and the intonation is spot on. Really nice. It reminds me of Sonny Landreth in the tone and overall feel. Very cool.

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Duhv, Boss and jpfeifer, these comments encourage me to continue learning and work on it..

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Nice slide show vid Blaze! Sounds more Johnny Winter than Landreth, which isn't a bad thing mind you......just more reminescent of JW's playing, that's all.

Hey, next vid you ought to put more info about your GEAR and what Open tuning yuo're playing in. The pics were nice but unless somebody's a total GEARHEAD, they wouldn't know that was a Peavey Falcon.

The tune was in the key of G but you didn't say the tuning you used IN the vid. Some might think you pulled a Warren Haynes-like move and played it in standard or possibly played it in Open D/E and just moved everything over by 1 string. lolol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Me digs too...perfect sound for the song/style!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython
    Nice slide show vid Blaze! Sounds more Johnny Winter than Landreth, which isn't a bad thing mind you......just more reminescent of JW's playing, that's all.

Hey, next vid you ought to put more info about your GEAR and what Open tuning yuo're playing in. The pics were nice but unless somebody's a total GEARHEAD, they wouldn't know that was a Peavey Falcon.

The tune was in the key of G but you didn't say the tuning you used IN the vid. Some might think you pulled a Warren Haynes-like move and played it in standard or possibly played it in Open D/E and just moved everything over by 1 string. lolol
    Thank you all again..

-piebald , you probably right ,i had Winter in mind doin this clip,i guess it shows a little..

The tune is in G and the guitar is in open G tuning ,very cool tuning ..

The guitar is a cheapo Peavy Falcon i had bought in the 80 s while doin some Fusion,Rock and 80 s stuff ..
    Moded with Jackson active pick up ,it was a kind of back up guitar..

The Fuzz is a GGG late 60 s kit moded by my tech who installed germanium trans in addition to the stock silicon..
    I can use either germ , or silicon or a mix of both wich is pretty cool..i ve made the jungle look finition..

Blackstar amph is on overdrive channel..just a little Od + the Fuzz pushing..

The small cabinet is an old not workin Roland 60 ..i took off the electronics and add this Eminence GreenBack12 Legend wich make the Blackstar sound big..This is a good combination for recording in a small room..

Cheers..

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(