Thread: Bret Michaels in critical condition

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bret Michaels in critical condition

Bret Michaels hospitalized with brain hemorrhage

Michaels in 2008. (AP)
    People.com is reporting that "Celebrity Apprentice" contestant, reality TV staple and former Poison frontman Bret Michaels was rushed to the ICU Thursday night after experiencing an "excruciating headache."

Doctors discovered Michaels had suffered a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding at the base of his brain stem) and he is currently in critical condition:

"After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause. [It] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation," a source told People.com.

Michaels, a diabetic, underwent an emergency appendectomy on April 12, but told fans in an April 19 note that his recovery was going well. No word yet as to whether the hemorrhage is related to his previous surgery.

By Liz Kelly | April 23, 2010; 5:09 PM ET

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

While I'm not a fan, I sure wouldn't wish that on him or anyone. The prognosis is very poor, I'm afraid.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like