Thread: New Guitar Shop in town!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool New Guitar Shop in town!

I told a few people but,We have a long overdue guitar shop here in Bend Or.,Called Sunday Guitar and there will be workshops,lessons and once a month a performer to play at the shop,I went to see Ron Diller,very impressed (sorry no youtubes)He does have a web page and I really enjoyed his playing.Nothing like a new family style shop where you can pick up a guitar to try it out and you don't have to feel guilty about it.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

braggart.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Commodore 64 Where's the Love?Where's the Love brother?Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm lucky to have 2 pretty decent mom and pop shops within 5 miles of home, and a GC within 2 miles of work.

I take my lessons at one of the mom and pop places. That guy LOVES Samick guitars. He's a little quirky, but very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news, sumi! Now, be sure to support that mom n pop store at every chance. I ALWAYS do. I don't want 'em to disappear, and the personal service and appreciation is irreplacable! We have two local m 'n' p shops here, and I'm considered family by both! Priceless!

(And this goes for any mom n pop store in any business. They're disappearing faster than the mega-marts can be built. I try to stop the onrush of big-box stores in any way I can. I hope all of you will, too! There's nothing like that personal love and knowledge of the products they sell...and being greeted with a smiley "Hello G!" every time I walk in, even if just to chat and hang out. No minimum wage pizza-faced kids who couldn't care less...about you or what they're selling. Nothing beats the love of a mom n pop store! AND, EVERYTHING is not all about "who's the least expensive!" Mom n pops try, and often match, or come close to, large chain pricing, and I don't mind paying a little extra + tax for that old-time country store feel and comraderie.)

G
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigG
    (And this goes for any mom n pop store in any business. They're disappearing faster than the mega-marts can be built. I try to stop the onrush of big-box stores in any way I can. I hope all of you will, too! There's nothing like that personal love and knowledge of the products they sell...and being greeted with a smiley "Hello G!" every time I walk in, even if just to chat and hang out. No minimum wage pizza-faced kids who couldn't care less...about you or what they're selling. Nothing beats the love of a mom n pop store! AND, EVERYTHING is not all about "who's the least expensive!" Mom n pops try, and often match, or come close to, large chain pricing, and I don't mind paying a little extra + tax for that old-time country store feel and comraderie.)
    Interesting. The local places I've been to around here are either overpriced and snobby (the kinda famous local place) or have just complete and utter a-holes working the counter.

I think I should try to find something a little better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I really like our local guitar shop. Friendly people who know me, plus a Saturday jam session, and much more. Super nice since, the nearest GC or other full service store is at least an hour's drive from my home.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250