Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
hello all, I'm carp3nt3r .

Thread: hello all, I'm carp3nt3r .

Post Thanks / Like

Default hello all, I'm carp3nt3r .

I am happy to have found robert's site and this forum and I feel fortunate that I was allowed to join. I am a beginner to guitar to some degree, as I fumbled around with it a bit in my younger days and have recently decided to pick it up and try some more.
    I have a cheepie guitar and amp for now and dont look for that to change much anytime soon. I enjoy some of all kinds of music except i really cannot tolerate hearing the headbanging metal.
    I have many hobbies and interests, hunt fish brew snorkel electronics .
    I am the proud father of 3 sons, ages 18 14 and 9. I am a very capable carpenter/remodeler .
    I am most impressed with the music of stevie ray vaughan , hendrix,george thorogood, clapton,mark knoffler, ventures, zztop,van halen, and more.
    I am sorry if some of you drifted off to sleep while reading about my exciting life, i will try to keep things a little shorter in the future. if ive left out anything important ,be sure to ask me. i am looking forward to reading the posts on this forum, carp3nt3r.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Carp3nt3r.... everyone is welcome here at the fret net! I might ask you a few carpenter questions, since I am planning to renovate the kitchen
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Carp. (hope you don't mind but it's easy to type. Nothing personal)

Carpenters that can brew snorkel electronics are certainly welcome around here.

I know you are going to get it sooner or later...but...lets see some carpentry pics. Man it looks like you got your hands full with those young boys too.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, carp3nt3r! There's something for players of all skill levels here, and lots of experienced, talented guys to learn from. That's a good list of "idol" guitarists you mentioned, esp. that first one!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Carp the fish hunter, I too found this forum after a long time away from playing. Your music of choice is excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Welcome Carp the fish hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spud
    Carpenters that can brew snorkel electronics are certainly welcome around here.

Man! You two are too quick for me...mumble, stealing my quips...mumble....

Welcome Carpenter; I am the Walrus.

Goo goo ga joob!

Post Thanks / Like

*singing* If I were a carpenter . . .

Sadly, I'm not - but the welcome still stands. Glad to have you and your tool belt aboart here at FN. Also glad to see that someone else is into surf music, too. Gotta' love Nokie Edwards and those fabulous Ventures.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome...i think you will like it here....

Carpe Diem....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Carpenter, I bet you could make some great speaker cabinets!

We are glad you joined us, and yes the Ventures were a cool band. I saw Nokie Edwards here live a couple of years ago, with Albert Lee and Johnny Hiland. Man, what a tone that guy had!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for a warm welcome and thank you to robert for his website with the video lessons, it provides confidence building within learning the riffs.
    keep up the good work robert !! I for one will be checking there daily. I am glad to see SRV finally getting the acclaims he deserved for so long, although a lot of tunes he did were not original compositions, he didnt do them like anyone else. He was pure talent. As to pictures of my work, ill post a few here and there-and free advice for folks interested in doing it themselves and saving a buck or two, if i can help you i will. btw, my list of musicians i admire is not even close to complete, there are lots more that i enjoy.
    Thanks for making a ol' carp3nt3tr feel welcome . carp3nt3r.

p.s. yes i do know all the magic carpenter words.i will refrain from that here tho.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome carpenter I just joined too looks like a bunch of good people here
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    looks like a bunch of good people here
    looks can be deceiving

just kidding...this is a great forum....i think you will like it here...

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Carp friendly group here , look foreward to reading your posts ... 6S9L
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?