Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Redesigned BYOC Chorus Released

Thread: Redesigned BYOC Chorus Released

Post Thanks / Like

Default Redesigned BYOC Chorus Released

For you chorus pedal fans, Keith at BYOC as just released his redesign of the analog chorus kit. Though it uses the new BYOC layout with the jacks at the top and much less wiring required than the older BYOC kits, it's not just a repackaging of the same circuit. This new version is a circuit clone of the venerated Boss CE-2 Chorus Ensemble from the late '70's/early '80's, known for it's warm, lush analog tone.

Though it's a fairly high parts count, this doesn't look to be a difficult kit, and the updated layout definitely makes the assembly process easier. Parts are included to make a "bass-friendly" version, and the instructions also include tips on how to do other possible mods, though you'll have to source your own parts for those.

Kit price is $79--that's about half of what the MIJ vintage CE-2's go for on eBay. Check it out:

P.S. Mine is on the way.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

So the natural question that follows this post is...

So whatcha gunna call the DVM version?

It's crazy to admit, but the most time consuming part of all 9 of my builds to date was deciding on artwork and name

What rhymes with chorus?

What about an ancient Egyptian theme. "The Horus Chorus"
    Sea Mammal theme. "The Walrus Chorus"
    Robo Dinosaur theme. "The Megasaurus Chorus"

or the Extra Special version just for me (and the anime char i'm named after)

The "Cho 'R' Us"

hehe.

Post Thanks / Like

Porous?

Taurus?

Dolores?

Lavoris?

There's another "____oris" that comes to mind, but I don't dare mention it....

BTW, that "Cho 'R' Us" is pretty clever.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

How about

Swirl Purl?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I called my build of the original BYOC analog chorus the "Lush Puppy". I may just hang a "II" off the end of that and save some time!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    I called my build of the original BYOC analog chorus the "Lush Puppy". I may just hang a "II" off the end of that and save some time!

Ooh thats good. I'd prolly stick to that.

and ur "other word" reminded me of the Seinfeld episode. You know, the one where his girlfriends name rhymed with a female body part but nobody could recall her name till the very end. Delores.

Post Thanks / Like

DR. duhvoodooman. Long time no hear from.
    I just ordered one
    Gibson ES 345 TDC
    Gibson ES 225
    Gibson ES 175
    Gibson ES 295
    Gibson ES 350
    Gibson SG
    Fender P Bass 70s
    Fender American Strat Delux
    Fender American Tele
    Alverez Yairi Ani DeFranco
    Fender Twin 65
    Fender Twin 72
    Fender Bassman 70
    Roland JC 120
    Marshall JVM 410 H
    Vintage 30 Stack

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How 'bout
    Chorusaurus ?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what the finished pedal looks like. I stuck with the "Lush Puppy II" name:

PCB close-up:

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    How 'bout
    Chorusaurus ?
    OMG I love it!
    Guitars: Squier Strat, Squier Telecaster, Warmoth Telecaster.

FX: MI Audio Blues Pro, Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah, Sovtek Big Muff, Danelectro Fabtone Flanger.

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe