Thread: My Metal Project - Pls listen

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Metal Project - Pls listen

Hey folks,

You might remember that I was pretty busy during 2008/2009 composing an album for my former METAL band. You might remember that I posted some raw tracks and rehearsal recordings.

Well the guys entered the studio and recorded professionally. I am really very proud of what became out of our and my ideas and it feels good to see that the guys receive raving reviews.

I hope the metal fans among you like it.

http://www.myspace.com/bloodofgodmusic

Let me know what you think.

Jimi
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

In general I like what I hear. I was very glad to hear actual singing and very little Cookie Monster. Interesting dynamic changes throughout the songs. Sounds like some Yngwie-esque elements in the song structure. Am I remembering correctly that you aren't a part of the band anymore? The pictures aren't clear and have pseudonyms.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

While not my style, the band sounds very tight and well-produced.
    I listened to a couple tracks, and I do like “The Devil’s Rising”…nice changes throughout the tune, and great vocal work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    In general I like what I hear. I was very glad to hear actual singing and very little Cookie Monster. Interesting dynamic changes throughout the songs. Sounds like some Yngwie-esque elements in the song structure. Am I remembering correctly that you aren't a part of the band anymore? The pictures aren't clear and have pseudonyms.
    You are absolutey right. I was in the band while composing and recording the demo. This is the final production with a new guitarist who fills my spot. I am still a passive member, composing riffs with the other guitarist. Thanks for the kind comment!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radioboy950
    While not my style, the band sounds very tight and well-produced.
    I listened to a couple tracks, and I do like “The Devil’s Rising”…nice changes throughout the tune, and great vocal work.
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, quite nice although not my 'usual listening' kind of music!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi,

This stuff really rocks...nice job!