Thread: Problem playing mp3 links

Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem playing mp3 links

I'm unable to open links to .mp3s with Windows Media Player. I have to download the file first and then open it. I am running IE8 and Vista. Any suggestions?
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250

Post Thanks / Like

Is Media Player set as your default program for MP3s?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Is Media Player set as your default program for MP3s?

Yes it is. That's one of the first things I checked. It's definitely a puzzle.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD

Post Thanks / Like

You could try installing Quicktime, I think that also has a browser plugin that can play mp3 files. If that doesn't work, you can try to install Firefox, it's free and supposedly safer than Internet Explorer, and maybe that browser will fix your problem.

Sorry I can't be more precise, I've given up Windows completely and can't test my suggestions on Linux .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Red. I finally had to get help from Microsoft. It turned out that one of the automatic settings had been disabled. Once that was changed, all was well. I think that next time, I'm going for a mac. lol