Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
my new amp

Thread: my new amp

Post Thanks / Like

Default my new amp

sold my vox ad50

but got this for 190 from local music shop today
    and i lurve it thrown in a few more pics of my guitar aswell

amp is a peavey classic 30 all valve with 4 EL 84 tubes and 3 12AX7 pre amp tubes. was sad to see the vox go but im finding new love in this one
    got to get new valves now incase one pops gulp

Last edited by scottish_bluesman; October 4th, 2006 at 03:11 PM.
    Guitar Patrick Eggle Berlin USA Celebration model
    ltd edition, Fender Deluxe mexican telecaster Nashville

Amp peavey classic 30 thorugh a marshall 2 x 10 cab, Peavey Bandit 100watt tranny amp

effects boss gt8 , jd cry baby wah, ts9 tubescreamer

gear wants : a 56 telecaster butterscotch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scottish_bluesman
    . . . and i lurve it . . .
    Is "lurve" the same thing as "love"? Anyways, Scot - congrats on the new Classic 30. I have the exact same amp, and I absolutely "lurve" it, too!!
    Don't forget to check out the Classic 30 thread in the amp section of the forum - here: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=922

Post Thanks / Like

Default re

yup means the same thing there is no grill to protect the tubes like some of later models have can you advise on what tubes i should go for as in make electro or mullard etc as im new to all this valve stuff and will check forum thanks mate

Amp peavey classic 30 thorugh a marshall 2 x 10 cab, Peavey Bandit 100watt tranny amp

Post Thanks / Like

There's several guys here on the forum that play Classic / Delta amps. Many, including myself, have purchased tubes from a USA company called Eurotubes, with excellent results. Knowing that you're from "across the pond", I'm not sure what it would cost you to get a set shipped over there. I am sure you have some others in mind, including the ones you've already mentioned - Mullard, Electro Harmonix, etc.

If you are interested, however, you can e-mail Bob or Jay at Eurotubes (e-mail address is listed on the website), and they'll give you some prices and recommendations, depending on how you want your amp to sound. As a matter of fact, they have re-tubes kit jmade ust for the Peavey Classic series amps. Top notch outfit all around. Tell 'em the guys from Fret.Net sent ya'. Here's the links:

1.) Main site - http://www.eurotubes.com/index.htm
    2.) Peavey re-tube kit: http://www.eurotubes.com/euro-k.htm

In the mean time, get those bottles on that rig glowin'!

Post Thanks / Like

Default re

nelskie your a star

prices on these are so much cheaper compared to buying on ebay uk
    im going for a more srv, moore sound, was blasting sultans of swing on it earlier and was just overjoyed at sound will have a video of it on youtube somepoint once i get bassist to webcam it

Post Thanks / Like

Achh, ye went an' dun a guewd theeng Mackenzie!

Congrats. I did the same thing as yew only mine was an AD30. The PV Classic 30s are so much fun.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    Many, including myself, have purchased tubes from a USA company called Eurotubes
    A american company called Eurotubes? Hmm..
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    A american company called Eurotubes? Hmm..
    Yeah, try that one on for size. My guess is that they're called "Eurotubes" because their tubes are made in Europe.