Thread: What guitars were these?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What guitars were these?

I was in a very small music store today & saw a Stratocaster & a Tele with Fender on the headstock, but neither of them said anything else. No Stratocaster, no Telecaster, nuttin'!

The woman in the store didn't know from strats n' teles. What were they?! They were very nice looking with natural wood & Seymour Duncans.

Unfortunately, I only had a few minutes free & so didn't get a chance to play them.

Each looked brand new & had tags that read $629.00.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; October 4th, 2006 at 07:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried the lite ash telecaster, but I found it to be anything but pleasant! It had a somewhat sharp, dry sound. No similarities to the standard tele tone with all its authority. This one was rather faceless.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, those were they. In natural birdseye. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I never tried one but I read many reviews, mainly on the strat, that it goes out of tune after about 5 chords or so, crappy bridge, the Seymour Duncan pickups are the best and the birdseye neck doesn't exectly look like AAA.

Post Thanks / Like

I had one of the Strats...briefly. Sold it pretty quickly. It just didn't have any mojo going on except for the neck. It felt great! Still I wasn't going to keep it just for that. So off it went.

When I first found out about the Lite Ash series a friend who works in the music store I frequent was playing the Lite Ash Telecaster trying to decide if to buy it. He made it sound really good. Then I played it. It still sounded really good. I'm not sure if it was just one of the good Teles in an ocean of bad Teles or not. That one was a smoker. I've never seen any others to try since then.

Lite Ash Strat? Nah. Nicht fur mich.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats exacly what I felt... played 3 of those Lite Ash Teles in different stores and none of them were as good as a Standard! And it wasn`t all that "lite" as the name says...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

that is odd,even G&L guitars have something on the headstock

Post Thanks / Like

Are they MIK?

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Fender FMT Tele Deluxe that was made in Korea and had two Duncan humbuckers. Gorgeous guitar....the headstock also just said "Fender"...no mention of it being a telecaster on the headstock.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TS808
    I had a Fender FMT Tele Deluxe that was made in Korea and had two Duncan humbuckers. Gorgeous guitar....the headstock also just said "Fender"...no mention of it being a telecaster on the headstock.
    It's my understanding that the MIK Fenders are the ones with just "Fender" on the face of the headstock. I don't know if there are any others like that or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    It's my understanding that the MIK Fenders are the ones with just "Fender" on the face of the headstock. I don't know if there are any others like that or not.
    Dunno if that's true in general or not but my MIK Fender just says "Fender" on the headstock. It's a Showmaster and therefore not "technically" a Strat. But that's what it is nevertheless.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Dunno if that's true in general or not but my MIK Fender just says "Fender" on the headstock. It's a Showmaster and therefore not "technically" a Strat. But that's what it is nevertheless.
    My guess is that Fender doesn't put "Stratocaster" or "Telecaster" on the super-modernized versions that have little in common with the trad designs other than the outline of the body shape. The target market for those guitars doesn't really care about trad Strats and Teles (especially Teles, which are often thought of as "old-fashioned" or "country" guitars), and conversely some of the hardcore trad people don't like seeing such modern "abominations" being labelled with their fave guitars' names. By not putting Strat and Tele on the headstocks of those models, Fender has a win-win.