Thread: HNAD! Roland Cube 30X

Post Thanks / Like

Default HNAD! Roland Cube 30X

Ordered it Monday from zZounds and got it today. How's that for service?

I just finished playing with it for a couple of hours, and I'm as impressed as I thought/hoped I would be. The clean channel is very neutral/uncolored and will be very useful for rhythm parts. The range of sounds of the models is simply astounding, each being unique and delivering a sound all its own. I particularly like the Black Panel, Brit Combo and Tweed models, not being a metal guy. Each one seems quite faithful to the amp it's supposed to emulate. The Black Panel is crisp an treble-y like a Fender. The Brit Combo has the familiar Beatles-esque sound. The Tweed sounds like an overdriven Fender, which I think it's supposed to sound like. The Acoustic model is useless. The reverb is quite good; better than most I've heard on SS amps. The other effects sound good and are interesting, especially the chorus - not sure where I'll use them yet. The built-in tuner is convenient. I don't think the Power Squeezer (like an attenuator) will be of much use, though. Lots of bells and whistles to mess with, so it'll be fun finding the sounds I like. And now that I have a decent amp, I can really appreciate the Mean 90s - the Hartke did them no justice.

I won't make any comparisons with tube amps, but I'm finding the tone very satisfying. And I love the size and weight of this little thing. If you ever have a chance to check one out, I think you'd be favorably impressed.

All in all, I'm really happy with it. And for $225, I can't complain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats! Glad you like it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Heywood, cool, nice amph for a nice price!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about getting a cube for some time now. I need something portable to bring to lessons, and my Marshall weighs a ton. I've played through my brother's Cube 30, and I think it sounds bigger than it should (in a good way). The emulations are nice, and it sounds much better than the Vox AD30VT that I used to own. Does yours have a speaker out? I know some of them do, and that would be a nice bonus.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Frank:

No speaker out; just a record/headphone output jack. Yes it does sound bigger than it is, and it is rather tiny. Being so small and only 20 pounds, it will travel well for your lessons.