Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone users - check out AmpliTube iRig

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, might have to grab a couple of Warrens pancakes while we wait.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

mmmm pancakes! 7 days now. We're very excited about this, but of course we're at the mercy of the App Store and the manufacturing process. There will be plenty to go around soon though!

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance of some freebies for fret members ???
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Robert -- love to get a review from you on this one!

Guitars: Takamine F-349, PRS Mira
    Pedals: Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Amp: VOX Valvetronix AD30VT, Ultrasound AG-50DS4

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to DO a review of it!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I would love to DO a review of it!
    Robert - please send me a PM with contact information and all the appropriate info about reviewing it (stats tend to be helpful too, if possible) and I'll get it to the right person. Thanks!

We've only got two days to go where you can give the app a try. Can't wait! http://www.amplitube.com/irig

Post Thanks / Like

AmpliTube for iPhone is now in wide release. Get the FREE version with 3 stompboxes, 1 amp+cabinet, 2 microphones here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ampli...373309342?mt=8

Also there are LE and Full versions:

AmpliTube LE: 5 stompboxes, 1 amplifier + cabinet, 2 microphones - $2.99/€2.39
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ampli...373507300?mt=8

AmpliTube: 11 stompboxes, 5 amps + cabinets, 2 microphones - $19.99/€15.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ampli...373524000?mt=8

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are they shipping the iRig adapter yet?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Are they shipping the iRig adapter yet?
    The iRig adapter ships very early July, first-come-first-served... and the first batch is definitely selling well. So preorders to customers and distributors that are already booked go out first.

You can audition the gear with the included audio samples or import your own. Normally you import to play along, but with the little easter egg you can import some dry/direct sounds and run those through the gear. You just import a song from your computer as normal, then hold the play button down until the timer turns grey. At that point the track will be routed through the gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody try it, any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, I downloaded the free one, and at first it crashed a few times. Then I re-set my phone, and it seems to work. I also registered to unlock the free distortion stompbox. That took a couple trys as at first it did not want to recognize my email address.

I have not imported any dry signals yet, I have to see if I have any in Garageband or something. I guess I can just take a track I recorded and do a new project based on it, then save it as a signal only to import. It would not let me import any songs, as it said I was not on a network. Though I had 3G available at the time. That is not yet sorted out for me, and I will have to try again. (EDIT: it says it is ready, and gives an address to get to in your computer browser (on the same network) to transfer the song or clip. Unfortunately, after checking the address several times, it will not work for me. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if the server is too busy as the browser suggests. EDIT TO EDIT: ok, I got that to work. It was a network issue on my end.)

I the demos played, but basically, they are just audio recordings, the program does not show you what is going on or being used while the demo plays, just says it is demo 1, 2, 3, etc. It would be cool of the demos showed you how the sound got there. (EDIT: See vid below, you can play the demo, then try the amp settings and effects out on the demo. My bad).

It looks like it will be really cool (once it is all sorted out and particularly when I can connect my guitar), but honestly, and respectfully, it is frustrating to be asked to pre-order a little connector for $40. The overall package could be well worth that if it all works together as demoed, but without the ability to plug in and play, it is frustrating me a little right now. I will go ahead and try to import a signal, so I can try out the functions, but it would be better I think if the connector was out there in stores to check out.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; June 19th, 2010 at 09:17 AM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, this is starting to be pretty darned cool now. I imported some old lead lines, then "expanded" them on my iPhone (one time process) so amplitube can use it, and now I can add the effects to my lead track I imported. I took a very dry, old cut of a Santana BMW lead, and made it sound a whole lot better using the 80's distortion box you get free when you register. It would be nice to be able to import songs into the program, right from your iPod/iPhone, seeing as the songs are already in there, but maybe that process will evolve. Now I just want that dang connector.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This vid is very helpful, and I should have watched it first, as it gives what you need to play with this thing. Cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMgKCO-pvcY
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the evolving posts! We'd love to have the ability to match the release of the app and hardware at the same time but unfortunately there would be more risk of the app being AFTER the hardware if we had decided to wait. We had already been in the submission/approval phase when Apple made that "most apps approved within 7 days" (which actually doesn't mean they hit the App Store right away, by the way) and apparently Apple made good on the quicker turnaround. Honestly I expected it to only be shortly before the hardware unit shipped, so apologies for the frustration.

There's also a hardware guide video that will be posted too, that will help get people situated with the hardware once they get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Do you suggest a particular place to order the connector? Will it be stocked in stores like GC? The Boise store was not sure that they would get any in. Thanks also for the follow up. I really do think this thing will be a very useful practice and travel tool. I like how you can loop a song with A/B points, that it has a metronome, etc.

One more question, it seems that once a song or track is imported and expanded, you might need to hold the play button down until the timer turns gray before you can change the sound with the effects. Can you explain how that works? It does not mention that step that I saw in the Quickstart vid above. I got it to work, after reading a comment on the iTunes store, but was a it confused by it. (not surprising, I am really a plug and play guy).

Also, here is a nice review you guys received from the MacLife Mag.

http://www.maclife.com/article/revie...be_irig_review
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; June 19th, 2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Do you suggest a particular place to order the connector? Will it be stocked in stores like GC? The Boise store was not sure that they would get any in. Thanks also for the follow up. I really do think this thing will be a very useful practice and travel tool. I like how you can loop a song with A/B points, that it has a metronome, etc.

One more question, it seems that once a song or track is imported and expanded, you might need to hold the play button down until the timer turns gray before you can change the sound with the effects. Can you explain how that works? It does not mention that step that I saw in the Quickstart vid above. I got it to work, after reading a comment on the iTunes store, but was a it confused by it. (not surprising, I am really a plug and play guy).

Also, here is a nice review you guys received from the MacLife Mag.

http://www.maclife.com/article/revie...be_irig_review
    It may not be in EVERY GC store, so you might want to check this list too http://www.ikmultimedia.com/dealers

That feature is an "easter egg" in the program but you describe it exactly. Just import a dry/direct track, then hold the play button until the timer turns a grey color. This will cause that track to route through the gear instead of being a "playalong" type track. I recommend hitting that "loop" button and then playing around with setting while the track plays continuously.

Thanks for posting the review and the kind words too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sure enough, Boise GC is not on the list. In fact, there are no "bricks and mortar" stores in idaho listed. One of the problems of living up here in God's country.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Theres a comprehensive demo of all the amps and stomp boxes now on music radar: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...io-demo-256594

I downloaded the App and pre-ordered the IRig adapter. The only negative i can see is that you need to manually import songs and backing tracks, rather than just selecting from your existing ipod music play lists. But this is a limitation of the hardware rather than the AmpiTube software app.

I know the new IPhone with OS4 supports multitasking, so could you play along to your playlists and/or youtube with this version?
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Theres a comprehensive demo of all the amps and stomp boxes now on music radar: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...io-demo-256594

I downloaded the App and pre-ordered the IRig adapter. The only negative i can see is that you need to manually import songs and backing tracks, rather than just selecting from your existing ipod music play lists. But this is a limitation of the hardware rather than the AmpiTube software app.

I know the new IPhone with OS4 supports multitasking, so could you play along to your playlists and/or youtube with this version?
    The multitasking won't keep something like iPod or Pandora playing once the AmpliTube (or other audio app) is loaded from what I'm experiencing. There would still be a noticeable latency anyway as we are operating on a much more efficient samplerate.

By the way, 3 days to go until the iRig ships! July 1st in Europe, July 7th in the US…

Get the FREE version of AmpliTube For iPhone here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ampli...373309342?mt=8

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast