Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iPhone users - check out AmpliTube iRig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Theres a comprehensive demo of all the amps and stomp boxes now on music radar: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...io-demo-256594

I downloaded the App and pre-ordered the IRig adapter. The only negative i can see is that you need to manually import songs and backing tracks, rather than just selecting from your existing ipod music play lists. But this is a limitation of the hardware rather than the AmpiTube software app.

I know the new IPhone with OS4 supports multitasking, so could you play along to your playlists and/or youtube with this version?
    The multitasking won't keep something like iPod or Pandora playing once the AmpliTube (or other audio app) is loaded from what I'm experiencing. There would still be a noticeable latency anyway as we are operating on a much more efficient samplerate.

By the way, 3 days to go until the iRig ships! July 1st in Europe, July 7th in the US…

Get the FREE version of AmpliTube For iPhone here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ampli...373309342?mt=8

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like dealers that are going to stock it are already asking about the second shipment so preorders must be flying there too. I'd hope that could help convince your local brick-and-mortar that this will sell, not to mention that we have a good shot in being at a bunch of Apple stores which should be convincing to have folks stock it. I hope your local shops pick it up.

Post Thanks / Like

One more day! Give it a try, then you can pick up the iRig adapter and really get some good use out of it VERY soon.

AmpliTube Free: 3 stompboxes, 1 amp+cabinet, 2 microphones
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ampli...373309342?mt=8

AmpliTube LE: 5 stompboxes, 1 amplifier + cabinet, 2 microphones - $2.99/€2.39
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ampli...373507300?mt=8

AmpliTube: 11 stompboxes, 5 amps + cabinets, 2 microphones - $19.99/€15.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ampli...373524000?mt=8

Post Thanks / Like

iRig shipping started! Check out the pics added: http://bit.ly/cDLmSi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is exciting. I can't wait to get mine and try it!

I found this vid by someone in your organization going through both the hardware and the program. I like how he discusses the technical issues with the hardware into the phone, the coding that was required, and the practical comparison between the phone version and the full amplitube software. I also like how he was clear that this is not the full software in a phone, but its own version that can work on your phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwH5...layer_embedded
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that. That is our man Dan at Summer NAMM. We had a table at the Hal Leonard booth to show off iRig and it won Best of Show in the "Gotta Stock It" category! http://www.ikmultimedia.com/NewsDisplay.php?Id=2618

Post Thanks / Like

...now it is shipping to Europe and in a day or two to the US and Japan. There's an "unboxing" video posted too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCI-VS_mvw and one of it being unpacked and used immediately for an outdoor show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_LgY77vA8g

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool. I am excited to try it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Cool. I am excited to try it.
    Hopefully soon! They are out the door. Very exciting times. I think I already said I had to give mine up for a while so I'm waiting for one and it is like withdrawal. Gah!

Post Thanks / Like

iRig is arriving to folks all over now! Here's a first user demo video, right after it arrived: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnOUQNm2zQA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I bet mine shows up soon. Looking forward to it!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My iRig arrived today!! Have to wait for the kids to go to bed to try it out. Little hands and guitar gear are a bad combination! Excited to try it out, will post initial impressions later.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

My iRig arrived today!! Have to wait for the kids to go to bed to try it out. Little hands and guitar gear are a bad combination! Excited to try it out, will post initial impressions later.
    Great! Please do post about it. There are a lot of people getting them now and we're hearing great things. I had to give mine up for a while and just got it back. I got inspired with some funky sounds on it, I love how good the cleans are and how cool the envelope filter is!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting for mine.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Still waiting here too Robert. I heard (on FB) that Europe was a little ahead of north america on shipping, but I am looking for it any day to try out.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The US ones should all arrive soon, can't wait to hear what you have to say about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Where did the last 2 hours go? This thing is a lot of fun. I had a bit of a bad start, when I plugged in my headphones first all I could hear was a crackling static sound. It turned out there was a build up of dust in the headphone input of my ipod, I cleaned it out with a tooth pick and all was fine.

I played mostly with a clean setting and found turning off the feedback limiter gave a much fuller sound for cleans. I only have the free version of Ampitube so I only had 1 amp to play with but the various cabinet choices give plenty of variety. The response to picking dynamics and guitar volume and tone changes is really good. The delay effect is pretty nice and the distortion stomp is capable of some nice clean boost/ overdrive effects.

I'll try get some heavier sounds tomorrow but it wasn't dificult to dial in nice clean and slightly overdriven tones with a strat (eg Hendrix, SRV & Mayer).
    I also copied over some backing tracks which was easy as pie and the sound when playing along was excellent and well balanced.

I'm really pleased with this purchase, it'll work great for me when the kids are sleeping. The fact that the iRig will fit in your gig bag along with your guitar lead makes it ultra convenient. Big thumbs up from me!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you play a wicked shred lick while you are talking on the phone, so that the person you are talking to can hear how awesome you play?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Where did the last 2 hours go? This thing is a lot of fun. I had a bit of a bad start, when I plugged in my headphones first all I could hear was a crackling static sound. It turned out there was a build up of dust in the headphone input of my ipod, I cleaned it out with a tooth pick and all was fine.

I played mostly with a clean setting and found turning off the feedback limiter gave a much fuller sound for cleans. I only have the free version of Ampitube so I only had 1 amp to play with but the various cabinet choices give plenty of variety. The response to picking dynamics and guitar volume and tone changes is really good. The delay effect is pretty nice and the distortion stomp is capable of some nice clean boost/ overdrive effects.

I'll try get some heavier sounds tomorrow but it wasn't dificult to dial in nice clean and slightly overdriven tones with a strat (eg Hendrix, SRV & Mayer).
    I also copied over some backing tracks which was easy as pie and the sound when playing along was excellent and well balanced.

I'm really pleased with this purchase, it'll work great for me when the kids are sleeping. The fact that the iRig will fit in your gig bag along with your guitar lead makes it ultra convenient. Big thumbs up from me!
    That sounds very cool! Just what I was hoping it would be. Robert, I don't think you can do both at once. I think the phone interrupts the app, like it does when you are listening to a song on the iPod portion of the phone.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast