Thread: Anyone tried GFS Mini Humbuckers?

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone tried GFS Mini Humbuckers?

Last year I was asking the guys at GFS if they had the Mini humbicker set up for the P90 guitars. At the time they only had the minis with the chrome surround for explorers and firebirds. He said they would be coming out in the near future with some, and I enquired on which type of mounting system they would use. Gibsons have a plate that mounts to the guitar with wood screws and the pickup adjusting screws mount to that plate. Lollar uses wood screws and a spring and small tube and mount directly to the wood.
    The system GFS are using seems to mount directly to the wood. In his instructions it looks as if you have to bend the mounting tabs flat and drill them out. They use a foam pad to put behind the pickup. To get the correct height you double the pad I guess.
    It seems kind of jury rigged to me.
    Anyone do a swap yet using their pickups? and system.
    I see he has some hotter ones at 12 k bridge and 8.8k neck.
    Last edited by ZMAN; May 2nd, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.