Hey folks, a friend called me and said he fell in love with a Standard Goldtop 2009. He loved the light weight and felt the Traditional was too heavy for him. You might have read my review on the Axcess, also chambered and what was my impression of the chambered sound.

I have made up my mind how to set an equal condition to present the differences. Most of the youtube videos you can bump. It takes a great player who makes the character of an instrument come out, but who sound equally good on every instrument (just like Roberto R.)

My pikc was Gregor Hilden (gregsguitars). One of the top notch players in Germany and a super cool and friendly guy. I visited him last year to check a 74 Strat and it was a great experience, but this is another thread in the near future...

Here's Greg on an 89 Std. Les Paul non chambered:

Here's Greg on a 2009 Std. chambered

What's your impression? I can only repeat my impression I had with the Axcess. To me the chambered still sounds great but has an airy touch like an ES 335. I prefer the unchambered slightly, but I know what it means to carry 9.5lbs for a whole gig...