Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Freaking GAS! (Squier Tele Content) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freaking GAS! (Squier Tele Content)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    @ Maxifunk: I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on the J5, if you find one in your travels. Don't make a special trip on my account, though (unless you have the GAS for it .

Well Katastrophe I laid hands on that J5 axe tonight and boy was I wrong.
    That is one WELL MADE GUITAR!!! Looks as if it comes from the same factory as the CV'S the neck was extremely comfortable no sharp edges felt like as good as any Fender neck I have played lately.

The pickups are:
    1 Custom Humbucking Pickup with AlNiCo 5 Magnets (Neck)
    1 Custom Humbucking Pickup with Ceramic Magnet (Bridge)

I played through a crate amp and the clean was very nice and with a little crunch it was just as nice. I am certain they would suite most people's needs clean or with mass amounts of GAIN!

All & All if I was looking for a Tele and wanted a HH setup this would be the one for sure. Your GAS is well founded for sure IMHO this guitar would be a keeper if it was in my collection.

Also, FYI it seemed to weight just a little more than the CV Custom Tele.

Now if only my Special Edition Custom Telecaster® FMT HH had the same neck as the J5 I would be in hog heaven.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Good news, Maxifunk!

What was it that you liked about the neck compared to the FMT Tele? Fretboard radius? Neck shape?

Thanks for the review. GAS reaching...critical mass....must resist...for...a...little...while...longer....uggg gghhhhhhhharggghhwahrghhgouhflarp!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Speaking of John 5, he released an album this week, The Art of Malice.

Teaser

The Nightmare Unravels (music only)
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Good news, Maxifunk!

What was it that you liked about the neck compared to the FMT Tele? Fretboard radius? Neck shape?

Thanks for the review. GAS reaching...critical mass....must resist...for...a...little...while...longer....uggg gghhhhhhhharggghhwahrghhgouhflarp!

The 12 inch Radius is just feels so much better in my hands and easier to chord with. Also the back of the neck was satin finished which I did not know how much I liked those until I bought my American Special HSS Strat and have since fell in love with a Satin Neck.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    The 12 inch Radius is just feels so much better in my hands and easier to chord with. Also the back of the neck was satin finished which I did not know how much I liked those until I bought my American Special HSS Strat and have since fell in love with a Satin Neck.
    The FMT doesn't have a satin finish?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    The FMT doesn't have a satin finish?

No its a Gloss finish on the back of the neck that matches the body of the whole guitar. Not as sticky as the finish on my Paisley but you'll need to wipe it down after or before each use. Doesn't bother me at all but I do like the Satin finished neck better just feels smoother.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya about the economy and tough times, man. Hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you.

On another note, do you still have the Squier Black & Chrome Tele that you did all the mods on? The J5 would make a cool looking pair on stage.
    Thanks for the kind words.

I parted out the J5 to make a MIM Tele with the classic ashtray bridge. I just got to solder it together and I'll be ready to go!

I do still have the Squier neck and body which I plan on selling or donating sometime in the near future.

I liked the B&C a lot but I just had to get a classic Tele bridge. Once I played a Muddy model I knew I had to go to that style bridge.

And thanks for the audio sample... I've got to pick that CD up this week. On sale for $9 at Newbury Comics.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Dammit!

Traveled to GC to try and find a J5 to play today. The salesperson said that it's a model that they don't stock, and I'd have to order one online and have it shipped there.

Crap.

1/2 of an entire wall dedicated to Strats. About 8 Teles, and none of the FMT Teles that Maxifunk and Duffy own.

So, since the trip was essentially shot, I ended up playing a bunch of different guitars and amphs, but that's for another thread.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Traveled to GC to try and find a J5 to play today. The salesperson said that it's a model that they don't stock, and I'd have to order one online and have it shipped there.

Crap.

1/2 of an entire wall dedicated to Strats. About 8 Teles, and none of the FMT Teles that Maxifunk and Duffy own.

So, since the trip was essentially shot, I ended up playing a bunch of different guitars and amphs, but that's for another thread.

I have found 98% of the time I go to GC they never have the exact guitar or amp I am looking for UGHHH!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

Ain't that the truth! Asked the sales guy about the Vox AC30VR and AC15VR, and he looked at me like I was from another planet. This was while we were standing in front of a big Vox display!
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12