Thread: Freaking GAS! (Squier Tele Content)

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad the poor guy doesn't have any chops I always get a charge out of it when he plays banjo rolls.

I like the looks of that too, but I think a black gloss finish and a mirror pickguard would drive me insane.

This one will test your German chops, but the playing is universal:
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Too bad the poor guy doesn't have any chops I always get a charge out of it when he plays banjo rolls.

I like the looks of that too, but I think a black gloss finish and a mirror pickguard would drive me insane.

OCD about the fingerprints?

I saw the MusikSchmidt vid, too. That dude can flat play!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    OCD about the fingerprints?
    Just a tiny bit, yeah. Fingerprints drive me up a wall. Too bad since I think a black guitar with a maple neck looks hawt.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

All my guitars (except the Strat) show fingerprints really bad (1 is black and the other is a deep blue). It's really not that big of a deal. 30 second wipedown after you're done playing, and good as new!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tele

Yo, Katastrophe, I bought an awesome Fender Telecaster recently that is really incredible.

It is the Fender Special Issue FMT HH telecaster. This stands for flammed maple top double humbucker telecaster, but the name is left in the dust by this super great tele.

It is an all mahogany body and set neck telecaster, a rarity. It has an incredible neck. The finish on my black cherry burst flammed maple top is incredible. But looks is just a facade when it comes to guitars. It is the sound where it's really at and this FMT HH really delivers like you would not believe.

Here it is at MF:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=511262

These new versions have dual Seymour Duncan, real Seymour Duncan, open coil humbuckers that sound really hot, sweet, and full of heavy tone and melodic musicality not found in most guitars.

The pickups are Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge and reverse polarity '59 in the neck. Full sized HB's.

I love this tele. Professional friends of mine that have played it thru a Kustom '36 Coupe awesome combo tube amp and were more than highly impressed with its playability and especially its tone; stating that it got into some telecaster territory while still getting into some relatively LP tonal areas. The tone knob is very usable to shape the sound of this awesome telecaster. The action is the lowest of any of my guitars and there is zero buzz or string slap. Unless you make it slap of course.

If you are thinking of a twin HB tele I would strongly suggest finding and trying one of these, or considering ordering one and if you don't absolutely love it, return it; because of how strongly I feel about how awesome this twin humbucker tele is.

It costs a lot more than the John 5, but it is another animal. Superb build quality, etc. Totally one of my best guitars since I began upgrading my collection. I ordered it straight from Fender thru the dealer. The day it came in they were setting it up for me and some dude saw it and was flabbergasted, probably would have bought it on the spot. They told him to not even think about it, it was a guitar a customer orderd in. The black cherry burst flammed maple is an eye mesmerizer, beautiful binding, etc.

MF wants 699 but I got mine for 525 out the door at a local store that ordered it in from the latest factory shipment. I buy a lot of items from them and they usually offer me great deals. Like on the Ibanez SZ320 goldtop, new old stock, I just got for 250 out the door with a free set of strings. This is also one of the best, possibly the best guitar I own, despite its low price.

If you want a dual full sized hb tele, think about checking into the Fender FMT HH Telecaster shown in the link above.

I admit, the John 5 is a cool looking tele. Black is one of my favorite all time guitar colors, the more black the better. Like my Peavey Generation EX Triple Single tele in all black including the pickup covers, and my Squire Vintage Modified Custom II P90 telecaster with the maple fretboard. I really like itthe John 5's look, but this Fender is at another point in the pattern of reality; the question is, is it what you want to have, etc.?

To each their own, but that's why we share our diverse experiences here at the Fret, right? I would be remiss if I didn't mention this awesome, inexpensive Fender, relatively speaking; considering that you are thinking about something like this.

Not that many people, even Fender afficianados, probably even know about this awesome guitar. And then again some Fender snobs have no use for such an unconventional tele as this. But again, to each their own. My experience is that it is truly an awesome guitar, a player, not a profiler; but super good looking nonetheless.

Hope this info is found to be interesting.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same guitar Duffy is talking about in Amber.

This is a very good axe coil tap is kind of cool contour body shape is really nice and comfy. It is also one great looking axe bound neck and top.
    If you like a super flat neck it has a 15.75" radius is just a little to flat for my taste. If this axe had a 12" radius neck it would be a keeper for sure
    I am most likely at some point this going to sell this axe but its hard to part with since it is my 1st six string. But, if you like a flat neck I would recommend this axe without hesitation.

@Katastrophe, The store where I bought this axe and most of my gear has a J5 Tele visually it seems a little cheaply made at a glance.. But I'll check it and tell you what I think next week as long as it has not been sold.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin