Thread: Need a lefty neck...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a lefty neck...

So I come back from Tehran, Iran, to my home in the SF bay area, and there is this almost guitar sitting there. I worked on it right up until I left to catch my plane, and now it needs a capacitor, neck+tuners and a pickguard. I would like to do a fit up of the parts before I paint it, but It needs to get done like yesterday of last year...

I was looking at Warmoth's neck maker site thingy, and it fixed me up a neck for about 2 Ben Franklins, but I don't know if I'd be much better off than if I get a cheaper Mighty Mite neck (about half the price of the Warmoth neck). The Warmoth I put together was quarter sawn maple, which is nice, but unless you pay extra you get their "Warmoth patented" compound fretboard radius, which I am not so sure about. I am used to a 9.5" fretboard radius. I think their compound go from 10.5" at the nut to like 16".... not sure. Any body know how they play? Any input?

Any body know anywhere else I may be able to score some good lefty neck?....... I need it bad.......
    Guit Boxes: 87 MIJ Strat, Ibanez MIJ RG540, Korean Fender Dreadnaught, The Loar LH-500 (1934 L-5 Reproduction)

Amp: Marshall TSL100 amp head with JCM900 1960 Lead 4 X 12 angled cab

Effects: Crybaby, TS10 Tube Screamer, Badder Bad Monkey, Boss Metal Zone

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

In your haste you forgot to mention which type of guitar. Also are you a lefty player. I have heard that right handed necks on a lefty guitar can change the tone in a good way. You just string it lefty.
    The Fender 9.5 radius is very versatile for most people. I have owned Strats with a 12, and a tele with a 15.5. The 12 was good the 15.5 too flat.
    As far as aftermarket, I would take a look at GFS.
    Not sure if they have lefties though. A pretty good price.
    http://store.guitarfetish.com/
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, huh huh,... huh huh... oh yeah... huh huh...

It's a Strat.

A lefty neck on a righty guitar would be strung reverse. Thus the length of string to each tuner changes, effecting the guitar's harmonics. To this same end, I instead have built a left handed guitar in order to string it reverse and emulate Jimi.
    Guit Boxes: 87 MIJ Strat, Ibanez MIJ RG540, Korean Fender Dreadnaught, The Loar LH-500 (1934 L-5 Reproduction)

Amp: Marshall TSL100 amp head with JCM900 1960 Lead 4 X 12 angled cab

Effects: Crybaby, TS10 Tube Screamer, Badder Bad Monkey, Boss Metal Zone