Thread: Randy "Hendrix" Hansen - so amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Randy "Hendrix" Hansen - so amazing!

I have to post this. You know for people like me, who could never see Hendrix due to our "young" age, Randy is a great example of how the great Jimi could have sounded. Don't judge his disguise and the moves, I mean I 've heard so many Hendrix tributes and cover bands, but seeing Randy perform for about 10 times now, it's an amazing experience. This guy is also a very intelligent and a nice humans being, too - talked to him so many times. There are a lot of pepople who really know how important Randy's performances are and how much he is into Jimi's stuff. Hey, SRV loved him, Nicolas Cage loves him, Uli Jon Roth loves him, I do....Randy performed with Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding and he blew them away...

See what you can get out of a nice Strat, a dimed Marshall and a fuzz face...
    He's got no super duper expensive stuff on his board, just some regular Jim Dunlop pedals!

"A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Randy play an outdoor show in Bellingham, Washington twenty-plus years ago. It was a great show, and Randy impressed me quite a bit.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

He really has the voice and playing down, but what's cool is how much fun he's having!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it, man! Awesome!

What Marshall does he use?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I got into Randy back in 1980. That's when the "Randy Hansen" album came out. The album had "Champagne and Cocaine" on it along with a cover of "I Want To Take You Higher" by Sly Stone. The whole album was one great song after another. I still have it and the production was pretty good but I'd still love to see it remastered. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I can appreciate the Hendrix thing that he does but he can write some great material as well.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is his guitar upside down?
    Great performance!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Love it, man! Awesome!

What Marshall does he use?
    The last time I saw him he was playing a JCM 800. Think he upgraded to a 1959 JH top now.

Here's the link to his official site - don't miss to check the songs playing on the welcome site....Machine Gun........

http://www.randyhansen.com/fr_welcome.cfm
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I got into Randy back in 1980. That's when the "Randy Hansen" album came out. The album had "Champagne and Cocaine" on it along with a cover of "I Want To Take You Higher" by Sly Stone. The whole album was one great song after another. I still have it and the production was pretty good but I'd still love to see it remastered. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I can appreciate the Hendrix thing that he does but he can write some great material as well.
    Back then Randy had a one record major deal. Only fantastic stuff on his album plus he was involved in the soundtrack of Apocalypse Now!

Post Thanks / Like

Almost look like Jimi playin in a mirror...

Cool clip ...
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Man that was great! I'd really like to see that show,He looks like Jimi with a smile like Robin Trower! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Randy sounds great.
    He's probably the best Hendrix tribute player I've heard.
    But for me, as good as he is, it is nothing like being a young teenager and hearing Jimi for the first time. He made sounds come out of his guitar that grabbed something down deep inside me. I had never heard anything like that before in my life. I don't think anyone on the planet had. It was new, but it was primal, like it had always been. It just had never been experienced before by anyone.
    Jimi was the guy that figured out how to get us from the world of our everyday lives down to the rage and beauty that's at the core of our being.
    It just ain't the same seeing someone copy the moves and sounds

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi, thanks for the info. I knew nothing of him before this. Thanks again!

M