Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
If those guys made a band...(by the sword)

Thread: If those guys made a band...(by the sword)

Post Thanks / Like

Default If those guys made a band...(by the sword)

Listened to that songs about 20 times while working out today. The album version is awesome and the live version is sick, too. I think the singer looks a little bit like the one of the two thieves in "Home Alone" with McAuley Culkin.

"A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OMG that guys voice was like jamming an icepick in my cochlea.

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of my favorites on the Slash album. Better than anything on Cosmic Egg, IMO.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    OMG that guys voice was like jamming an icepick in my cochlea.
    I had to look that up (cochlea)I thought you were gettin kinky on us. Learn sumpin new everday! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I really like Slash's guitar playing, but he's a middle-aged man with a Frosty The Snowman top hat and a perm (or wig). Come on dude.

I also thought that it was incredibly corny when the bass player ran to the forefront after the long intro to rock harder or something with some ultimate hair flipping. Douche chills galore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    I had to look that up (cochlea)I thought you were gettin kinky on us. Learn sumpin new everday! Sumi
    Me too. Thanks for the vocabulary augmentation.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    I really like Slash's guitar playing, but he's a middle-aged man with a Frosty The Snowman top hat and a perm (or wig). Come on dude.
    That's his real hair (maybe some dye for the greys). His mother is black, which is where the curls come from. I'll agree that the hat is, um, old hat!

On a side note, he got his name from one of his high school friend's dad, actor Seymour Cassel.

Benefits of reading his autobiography.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, he's from Liverpoool. It's just a typical scouse perm

Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience