Thread: Have you tried pedals w/ Vox ADxxVT ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you tried pedals w/ Vox ADxxVT ?

Don't know if you've already tried this...if not, check it out, I think you'll dig it.

Dial in the Boutique Clean model on the AD50VT, and crank it loud enough to get the speaker moving.

Plug a humbucker guitar into a TS type overdrive pedal with the knobs set around 2 O'clock.

I could not believe how great this amph sounds. The classic rock, crunchy blues tones are great.

Have you had a similar experience using pedals with this amph?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radioboy950
    Don't know if you've already tried this...if not, check it out, I think you'll dig it.

Dial in the Boutique Clean model on the AD50VT, and crank it loud enough to get the speaker moving.

Plug a humbucker guitar into a TS type overdrive pedal with the knobs set around 2 O'clock.

I could not believe how great this amph sounds. The classic rock, crunchy blues tones are great.

Have you had a similar experience using pedals with this amph?
    Not really. I've tried three different OD's but haven't gotten any great OD sounds. Much better using the Brit80's model for OD IMO...but I guess I'll have to try once more a little louder.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly the same amph but my Vox VT takes my Blackstar pedal very well. Some amph models seems to like it better though...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

My AD15VT seems to take to pedals pretty well. It certainly seems to like the Dan-o-Wah.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I use my M13 with all kinds of effects with my AD30VT set to bypass mode. I have been happy with the sounds (if not the playing).

Guitars: Takamine F-349, PRS Mira
    Pedals: Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Amp: VOX Valvetronix AD30VT, Ultrasound AG-50DS4

Post Thanks / Like

This is good to know, that several people seem to have good luck with pedals with this amp. I've got a VT30, and I might like to get some pedals to use with it.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

the biggest part of using pedals with these amps is also using the by pass button then your doing a straight path and not using the built in effects