Thread: Fender-type guitars with thick necks? (preferably Telecasters)

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Otay: Love your version of the "vintage" Fender strap. I have one of the originals from 1968. My buddy got it with a Jazz Bass we bought at Whaley Royce in Toronto in 68, he thought it was too thin and he gave it to me. I put it in my case and kept it for 42 years and it is in mint shape.
    Cool! It's nice to have gear that's taken the journey with you.
    I hope you give that old strap some conditioner every so often ~
    I have an old strap I made in '72 that I still use regularly. Last year I finally had to trim one end and make a new hole as the old one wore out.
    I make my 50's a bit differently now and make the ends of the pad a bit rounded

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    Cool! It's nice to have gear that's taken the journey with you.
    I hope you give that old strap some conditioner every so often ~
    I have an old strap I made in '72 that I still use regularly. Last year I finally had to trim one end and make a new hole as the old one wore out.
    I make my 50's a bit differently now and make the ends of the pad a bit rounded
    I used it for about a year at home back then and the felt is a little worn. It has been in that case since and I haven't touched it. I will get some leather conditioner and apply it. It might be something cool to give to one of my Grandsons if they decide to play. They will certainly have a great choice of guitars to play. LOL
    Sorry to hijack, back to Fat necks.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.