Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

MY easy (and funny) way of learning Pentatonic scales...

Thread: MY easy (and funny) way of learning Pentatonic scales...

Post Thanks / Like

Default MY easy (and funny) way of learning Pentatonic scales...

My friends have made lots of fun at me because of this... y'know what: i really don't care.
    My pentatonic finger landing has improved so much after this.
    Buddies say that my guitar now looks like a guitar-hero Parker version.
    On the downside... it's not a good idea to do bends on this fretboard.

Without further ado... I present you my Pentatonic Scale Learning Parker Guitar:

Gretsch Corvette
    Parker P-38
    Yamaha APX500
    Vox Pathfinder 15R
    Vox Tonelab ST
    Blackheart LG
    ... That's it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default More pics...

I forgot this pics...

Color codes:

Closeup:

Gretsch Corvette
    Parker P-38
    Yamaha APX500
    Vox Pathfinder 15R
    Vox Tonelab ST
    Blackheart LG
    ... That's it.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty funny. What are the codes for? I wasn't able to figure it out from first glance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Eric the codes are(from top to bottom) E_F_G_A (the notes)I had to learn some of that when I was playing with a Hispanic Worship Team.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It beats the Roy Clark Big Note system from the 70's!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    It beats the Roy Clark Big Note system from the 70's!
    I don't know about that... Roy Clark is a bad-a**!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    I don't know about that... Roy Clark is a bad-a**!
    Oh, I agree! Roy was one of the most tallented guitar players ever. If it had strings, he could play it, and well.
    Was just talking about the Big Note Book.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Oh, I agree! Roy was one of the most tallented guitar players ever. If it had strings, he could play it, and well.
    Was just talking about the Big Note Book.
    Oh, I know.. I just wanted to post that video of Roy thrashing on his acoustic. I grew up watching re-runs of Hee-Haw. Him and Buck Owens, and some small town... Salute.. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me of a Fretlight guitar I had many years ago
    A cool concept
    I wish I hadn't sold it

Post Thanks / Like

That's a crazy method my friend. Good luck with it.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    That reminds me of a Fretlight guitar I had many years ago
    A cool concept
    I wish I hadn't sold it
    I have one,and it actually plays nice,since it had that composite fingerboard I got one with stainless frets.I need to dedicate a laptop to it so I use it more.Bummer is you still need to learn the notes else where,but it does scales and songs great.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same darn thing years ago on an older acoustic I had...worked for me, well great minds do think alike ......
    May all your days be memorable, all your friends stay true and all your riffs be killer....

Post Thanks / Like

The Fretlight I had years ago in the early 90's had red led's at every note on the rosewood fretboard. The guitar was Strat like and the led's were powered up with a wall wart. The guitar could also function as a regular electric
    It had a few extra knobs on it that allowed you to pick a key, and then select notes, chords, or various scales. So if you wanted to know an a minor diminished chord, set the dials and all the notes for each voicing of that chord along the fretboard would light up. Want to know a b flat pentatonic scale? Just set the dials. I'm sure now they are far more sophisticated with computer interface, etc.