Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

High Springs Florida gig 4/29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Springs Florida gig 4/29

Post Thanks / Like

Talking High Springs Florida gig 4/29

Hey, if anyone lives in the Alachua County FL area, you know that High Springs is just up the road from Gainesville, and is a small town with antique shops and a couple nice restaurants.

My side band that does acoustic-based folk rock (percusssion but no full drum kit), Cinnamon Hill, is going to be playing the Great Outdoors Trading Company on Thursday, April 29, basically all evening (7-11). Here's a link to the place:

http://greatoutdoorsdining.com

I have eaten there before and the food is OUTSTANDING.

Here's a link to Cinnamon Hill:

http://www.myspace.com/karillon

Dunno if anyone is in the area, but if so stop by and say hey. I'll be playing mandolin and electric guitar for this gig.

If I get pics or other mementos will post here.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Well, we played the show at Great Outdoors last night. The house reportedly liked us and the performance was good. I did OK on mandolin; though my guitar wasn't up to our previous show (when I was inexplicably on fire) it was passable.

Had a couple free beers, and the split just from tips alone was $12. The house gave us $25/person. So, that's $37 in cash and another $5 or $6 worth of beer. Was there from about 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., played from ~6:30-9:30. Coulda got some free food as well, but wanted to skedaddle as kids were home alone all night, and eating at 10 p.m. is not necessarily a good idea.

Hopefully they'll have us back, a fun show. A friend of mine took pics, will post on receipt. Actually had a small batch of folks drive up from Gainesville, including a couple of my wife's work friends, which was nice.

Tonight I'm actually playing 2 shows with the same band. Early show at an art gallery for Artwalk, where all the downtown galleries stay open into the evening, then a show at 10 at a cafe only a few hundred feet away. Should be interesting, hopefully the weather will cooperate, since we'll be outdoors again.
    Last edited by Brian Krashpad; May 4th, 2010 at 04:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Pics!

These were taken by my good buddy Trip:

Will bump with more later. No guitar face/crazy ones from this band though.

Post Thanks / Like

Krash, if you only knew how darn lucky you are, living in that beautiful part of the world :-) The gig location looks cool, somewhow a little European!

I have a relative in Florida who is also playing in a Blues band.
    http://www.bigcityband.com/

It's Jumpin' Jack the Harp player and singer. Maybe you've hear of him.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Krash, if you only knew how darn lucky you are, living in that beautiful part of the world :-) The gig location looks cool, somewhow a little European!

I have a relative in Florida who is also playing in a Blues band.
    http://www.bigcityband.com/

It's Jumpin' Jack the Harp player and singer. Maybe you've hear of him.
    Well, Miami is about a 5 or 6 hour drive away. Though I have a brother in Miami I haven't been down there in years, and unfortunately know nothing of the music scene there.

I'm sure Jumpin' Jack hasn't heard of me either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Well, Miami is about a 5 or 6 hour drive away. Though I have a brother in Miami I haven't been down there in years, and unfortunately know nothing of the music scene there.

I'm sure Jumpin' Jack hasn't heard of me either.
    Sorry Krash, I constantly forget about the other dimensions in the States....5 hours by car and I have already left Paris behind me and crossed two countires here in Euorpe, can you imagine... :-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Sorry Krash, I constantly forget about the other dimensions in the States....5 hours by car and I have already left Paris behind me and crossed two countries here in Europe, can you imagine... :-)
    Well, Florida in particular is one of our larger states, from north to south anyway. Gainesville where I am is about 3/4 of the way "up" the peninsula (the Atlantic to our east, the Gulf of Mexico west), in the center of the state, while Miami is down on the southeastern tip.

Compared to most other states (California and Texas being notable exceptions), Florida is about as "long" (north to south) as 2 or 3 more average size states.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Krash, I constantly forget about the other dimensions in the States....5 hours by car and I have already left Paris behind me and crossed two countires here in Euorpe, can you imagine... :-)
    A couple of guys were talking about that on the Graham Norton show (on BBC/BBC America) about a Bruce Springsteen song where he said he was just going to drive away. They said that you just knew that he was going to drive for hundreds of miles--something that would be impossible in England.

Granted, Krash and I are on opposite ends of the continental U.S., but I'd be just shy of 1,300 miles from where he played. We will be traveling about 1,600 miles this summer when we go out to Utah--and that's not even going from one end of the country to the other!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Please. Never post another picture of you playing a mandolin. It ruins my mental picture. Thank God that's not a ukulele or my brain might explode!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    Please. Never post another picture of you playing a mandolin. It ruins my mental picture. Thank God that's not a ukulele or my brain might explode!

Too late!

I'm aiming to be the "Utility Infielder of Local Rock."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Had to reset the mando pr0n.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Hard to believe it's the same guy.

I do it all, bay-bee!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like fun. Do you ever get audio of your performances that we could see?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Looks like fun. Do you ever get audio of your performances that we could see?
    Audio we could see?

That was mean, sorry.

I've heard that the keyboardist's wife got some video when we played the Farmer's Market a month or so ago, but I have yet to see it.

These guys are not real up on the whole band marketing/internet thing.

There's some audio you can hear at our myspace, but it's primarily the 2 guy singers, not the full band. Recorded before I came aboard last Fall:

http://www.myspace.karillon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Audio we could see?
    Yeah, sorry. My brain switched to "video" in the middle of me writing that sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Yeah, sorry. My brain switched to "video" in the middle of me writing that sentence.
    No worries. I was being a bit of a sh*t to point it out, since it was clear what you meant, one way or t'other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast