Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guilty Pleasures!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta go with Carl Wilson , a monster player in his own right , he put a stamp on rock n roll that was all his own ,playing along side his brother Brian who was IMHO one of the very best song writers of the past 100 years and who was argueably on par with Lennon/Mccartney as far as melody was concerned , Carl had the task to put 6 strings down on all of those famous tracks ,60's American music would not sound the same without him , and dig he never overplayed , he was in the pocket , solid and tasty , and i still dig his signature tone .. Lately I've been spending alot of time with surf music and have developed a huge respect for its vibe , try playing along with Dick Dale records , or copping Carl Wilson's licks .. I think that one could build a case for the idea that the beach boys had alot to do with the success of Leo Fender , they were pratically next door neighbours back in the day , And everytime you saw the beach boys you saw Fenders , Jags , strats , bassman's , supers , tremolux's , . Carl Wilson is certainly worth a ton of respect ..he's got mine ....6S9L
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

This hasn't been touched in a while.

I really like this tune. It's upbeat and positive and the rest of the album is pretty good too. Astronaut is the album title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85D0RlSnYkY

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    This hasn't been touched in a while.

I really like this tune. It's upbeat and positive and the rest of the album is pretty good too. Astronaut is the album title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85D0RlSnYkY
    That is fun stuff. Thanks for pointing it out! I like positive.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12