Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Want to make yourself valuable as a backup singer, and gutiar player? Buy this thing

Thread: Want to make yourself valuable as a backup singer, and gutiar player? Buy this thing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Want to make yourself valuable as a backup singer, and gutiar player? Buy this thing

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pass along some information about a pedal I just bought for my current gig. I am singing a lot of backup vocal parts along with my usual guitar duties for the band that I currently play with.

I bought one of these pedals from TC Electronic called the Harmony G.
    You plug in your guitar and mic to the pedal, and then you just take the guitar thru (output) to your guitar amp, then the mic output to your PA.

The pedal creates harmonies from your voice that match the guitar chords you're playing. It's perfect if you do a lot of background vocals along with your guitar playing. It makes your background parts sound like 3 guys singing together. It's very useful for getting a really good vocal sound. I used it last week at a gig that I was playing at and the rest of the guys in the band really liked having it because it made everyone's singing sound better with all the harmonies in the background.

I'm really liking it. Here's a link to a demo of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxALe...eature=related

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... that is a SICK pedal! I'll add that to the list of pedals to pick one up once I get a band back together and find a new job.

Thanks for posting about it. Let's hear some clips!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a much better demo of the types of things you can do with this pedal.

Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

I've been gigging with something similar for a long time now from Digitech. They really help out when the rest of the band it too chicken to sing. 4 part harmonies and the ability to totally change your voice even to another gender or size. Way cool.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.