Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tip for quick wiring a PA

Thread: Tip for quick wiring a PA

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tip for quick wiring a PA

If you are using rack cases that house your amps and outboard gear separately from your mixer then you have to unplug everything from the mixer to tear down.

I use 2 rack cases with amps, crossover, delay, exciter and EQ,s and then have my 1604 VLZ in a separate case that sits on top of the stacked rack cases. Setups were a pain until I started leaving the TRS and other cables plugged into the units in the racks and just unhooking them from the mixer or wherever. That was still a pain because I had to track down where each lose cable end was connected every time I set up.

I got some thin and short zip ties and bundled groups of cables according to what they were plugged in to and their location. Then I labeled the ends with butcher tape and a black Sharpie so I knew exactly where they plugged in to. Set up is now a breeze and takes very little time.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

That's not how I do it. When I set up the PA it involves much more drinking, cursing, and realizing that you forgot a speaker cable. There's also the unavoidable, "I don't care if you want more vocals in the monitor. That's what you're getting." conversation.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    "I don't care if you want more vocals in the monitor. That's what you're getting."
    I wish I had a nickel every time I've had to say that...
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    That's not how I do it. When I set up the PA it involves much more drinking, cursing, and realizing that you forgot a speaker cable. There's also the unavoidable, "I don't care if you want more vocals in the monitor. That's what you're getting." conversation.

That's the way it used to be but the clubs kept running out of my favorite beer before we even started playing.

Post Thanks / Like

So this is what I have done. I just plug everything in up front now, so easy a drummer can do it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigJD
    So this is what I have done. I just plug everything in up front now, so easy a drummer can do it!
    dOOOD! Wrong tape.

A little pricey but worth it
    http://audio-video-supply.markertek....w=console+tape