Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The new Dominos pizza - good or bad?

View Poll Results: The new Dominos pizza - what do you think?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like the new recipe better!

5 29.41%
  • Like the old recipe better!

2 11.76%
  • Both recipes suck and taste like cardboard with cheese!

4 23.53%
  • Never tried it - never will!

6 35.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new Dominos pizza - good or bad?

Post Thanks / Like

Default The new Dominos pizza - good or bad?

I see there are no threads in the forum so I figured I'd create one.

As many of you know, Dominos pizza has changed their recipe and and has been hyping the hell out of it since the Super Bowl.

For those of you who have tried it, what do you think?
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I like that the sauce has a little more 'zing' to it. I think I noticed more garlic on the crust too. So it has more flavor than the old Dominos. Otherwise, I still prefer the local delivery pizza (non chain) in my town. They blow Dominos away.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have a Domino's up here. But.. adding a few more spices to stuff doesn't not a good pizza make.

We stick to pizza from a semi-local (next town over) convenience store. It's the same pizza I grew up with, and is the absolute best in the world, IMHO. When pizza starts getting "fancy", I start losing interest in it. :-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I keep forgetting to try it. Usually go local.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I guess I like the sauce better, but the crust still tastes like oversweet doughnut pastry to me. Bleh! We have a lot of local places, and one in particular, that blows it away. Not a big fan.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do corporate pizza.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    I don't do corporate pizza.
    That seems to be the consensus. I honestly didn't know they had even changed. I don't consciously avoid the big-name ones, but I just never wind up having them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Wood fired brick over nuff said! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tried it last night. Better than before, but still not my preferred pizza.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with C64....much better than before...but I prefer traditional Una style thin cracker crust pizza. However with Dominoes matching Pizza Hut's 10 bucks for any type of pie.....it will do in a pinch
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

I dig it! I think the new recipe is a huge improvement over the old one. Gotta give Domino's credit for at least making the attempt to listen to their customers.

Of course, a mom/pop pizza shop is going to taste better, but out of the national brands big D has make my pizza choice more difficult. The online order tracker is cool, too!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Right this second, I'd love a big ol' pizza... I shouldn't have skipped breakfast...
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    That seems to be the consensus. I honestly didn't know they had even changed. I don't consciously avoid the big-name ones, but I just never wind up having them.
    +1 that. The local Mom-n-Pop pizza place gets our business, even though we don't eat pizza all that much. The boys could live off of pizza and macaroni-n-cheese if we let 'em!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    I only know of the recipe change because the commercials for it are nearly ubiquitous during sports broadcasts of which I watch far too much during playoff season.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

that's not pizza at all.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Pizza is so subjective. I don't feel there is one "THE BEST" out there. Three are just too many types and styles.

The local family owned pizza joint is normally going to taste better than a chain, but I could take you to some pizza joints around my house that would make you wish you had ordered a Dominos pizza.

Somtimes like thin bar pizza, other times I prefer deep dish.

My favorite right now is one called "Boston Baked Bean" pizza from a local but well respected dive called The Lynwood Cafe in Randolph, MA. Their pizza is so friggen good and there tons of people waiting to get in during dinnertime.

Boston Baked Bean pizza might sound nasty, but with the brown sugar melting in with the cheese and sauce, it just tastes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet that bean pizza keeps ya warm on a cold night!Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I will never eat their crappy pizza again. The last time I had one of their pizzas it was the worst one I ever had and swore I would never eat there again. I've had frozen pizza that tasted better. Their pizza would have to be much better then the cardboard they tried passing of as pizza before I would try it again.
    May you be a half an hour in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead!

Post Thanks / Like

Over here Domino's is the dog's bollocks, albeit expensive. Dunno bout any change, though. But I usually eat TGF because they're cheaper and do stuffed cheese & jalapeno crust. Pizza. . . drool. . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast