Thread: Zeppelin Tribute Tour

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Zeppelin Tribute Tour

A major Led Zeppelin tour is being planned for later this year. Just one thing: it won't feature any of the members of Led Zeppelin. What it will feature, however, is Jason Bonham, the son of Zep's late drummer John Bonham.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...-bonham-249657

Called Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience, the tour is still in the early stages of planning. But it is said to be 30-date, multi-media show to commemorate the 30th anniversary of John Bonham's passing.

The 43-year-old, who played with surviving Zeppelin members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul at the group's much-celebrated show at London's O2 Arena in 2007, was gung-ho to hit the road with Zep for a full-scale tour. But after Robert Plant pulled out and suitable replacements couldn't be found, those plans were laid to rest.

But that isn't stopping Bonham from mounting his own Zeppelin tour, and he's even searching for possible collaborators for the show, which will illustrate the band's history through archive footage and live performances.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

If Jason picks the right musicians I think it could work. Since he's promoting it as a tribute, it doesn't have to have the real players.

I'd love to see Eric Johnson, John 5, <fill in your favorite guitarists name> get together and crank out Zeppelin tunes. Sounds like a fun time!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds cool to me! It would be like Dweezil Zappa doing the "Zappa Plays Zappa Tour". If done right, it could be a fitting and loving tribute to his dad and bandmates.

If done wrong, however, it could be a real mess.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds excellent! 8)
    Main Rig - Reverend Wolfman > Korg Pitchblack tuner >Vox Clyde Wah > MXR HW Script Phase 90 > MXR 108 Fuzz > Diaz Texas Ranger > Nova Drive > VL Analog Chorus > ModTone Analog Delay > Vox Night Train > 60's Vox 2x12 (Scumback M75 and Hellatone 30)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so there if it comes to town.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz