Thread: Bands and artists you "just don't get"

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, that's interesting - those three would also be high on my list... and all this time I thought there must be something wrong with me
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Grateful Dead I've never gotten. Same with Bob Dylan. That will do for starters.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we all solo or group acts that we don't take a like'n too. What is so great about LADY GA GA, PINK,PUSSYCAT DOLLS, or this stuff they call to music Alternative METAL RAP? SAY WHAT?
    It's more about circus acts today than it is talent, at least you can repeat most of the words from songs of the 60s 70s 80s without getting arrested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music
    I guess we all solo or group acts that we don't take a like'n too. What is so great about LADY GA GA, PINK,PUSSYCAT DOLLS, or this stuff they call to music Alternative METAL RAP? SAY WHAT?
    It's more about circus acts today than it is talent, at least you can repeat most of the words from songs of the 60s 70s 80s without getting arrested.
    Speaking of "circus acts"... ICP anyone?
    Any of the bands with singers who don't sing, they gutterally scream the lyrics.
    Pink Floyd I could never get into...(guess I didn't do enough of the right drugs).
    Dylan and The Dead are up there too... Great songwriters, though!

Cheers!
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!