Thread: Robert ran a marathon!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Robert ran a marathon!!!

Congrats Robert! Was that your first one?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! No, it was my 4th. I have run Stockholm Marathon twice, Victoria Marathon once and Portland once. Getting a good workout is good for your guitar playing!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats incredable Robert ...what you need to do is convince the organizers to implement a new sector where you re-string a strat , tune it and play a recognizable version of "walk dont run ".....you'd win fer shure ... 6S9L
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, you can try go to Guinness running from Canada to Argentina playing a guitar!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Thanks! No, it was my 4th. I have run Stockholm Marathon twice, Victoria Marathon once and Portland once. Getting a good workout is good for your guitar playing!
    I find that amazing. I never had the urge to run a marathon, but I admire (the stupidity ) of those that do.

Great job Robert!

Post Thanks / Like

You know if you'd stop spending your money on musical equipment you could afford a bike so that you wouldn't have to run. Cycling clothes look much cooler than running clothes too.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Cycling clothes look much cooler than running clothes too.
    There was a typo in your post Spudz. I think you meant disturbing.

I don't wanna see your spudz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    There was a typo in your post Spudz. I think you meant disturbing.

I don't wanna see your spudz.
    That really depends on how fast you are whether or not you'll see em
    Oh, and congratulations Robert. It takes some mighty 'spudz' to run that long.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Robert!!!! Thats fantastic. i'm a runner myself, although the longest race I've run is a half marathon. I ran cross country through highschool, and helped my team win the Pennsylvania state championship. Been running ever since, just getting around to some races perhaps this fall if things go well for me.

Congrats again!
    Leonidas' Gear List:
    Electric Guitars - Agile AL-2800 (S.D. '59 B, Pearly Gates N), Squier Telecaster Custom (GFS FAT PAFs + Mods)
    Acoustic Guitars - Crafter ML-Rose, Epiphone PR-350CE
    Amps - VOX AD50VT, Epiphone Valve Jr. (Modded), Fender Blues Jr
    Pedals - Crybaby Classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ, Ibanez AW7

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I am going to run Chicago Marathon next year. I have had achilles injury problems this whole season. It's getting better though.

Maybe I should set a world record in playing as many notes as possible on a guitar while running a marathon!? People do a lot of crazy stuff just to get into the Guiness book. Some do crazy stuff to just get a Guiness... Maybe I'll do both.

Oh, another thing. I am running the Death Race next year. Yes, that's right - the Death Race! Check out their website. It's a killer race!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you Robert I just jog a few kilometers in the track behind my house before hockey. My backyard comes to the back of the school so its convenient and I don't have to worry about getting run over by those old guys in their electric scooters. Don't know if I could run a long marathon but maybe I should give it a go even if I end up jogging the last bit to the end..lol
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with that one Robert, Ive noticed most people have lots of guiness, then do the crazy stuff and some make it into the newspapers !!
    heheh carp3nt3r.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    People do a lot of crazy stuff just to get into the Guiness book. Some do crazy stuff to just get a Guiness... Maybe I'll do both.

What? They have a book for drinking beer? Well then I should be in it. I've kept those Guiness boys in business for years. I'm not a passive Irishman.