Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sx Stl-50

Thread: Sx Stl-50

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Sx Stl-50

I dunno if I already posted this here, but here it goes anyway. After winning $200 on the StringDog giveaway a few months ago, I decided tu buy myself a cheapie Tele clone. Got me a SX STL-50 from Rondo Music, which I modified with a mint pickguard, reversed control plate, metal knobs, adapted Fender brass saddles to the original plate, and installed a Reverend Buckshot bridge pickup.

How is it? Very nice! Plays nicely, with low action and zero buzz. It's one heavy mofo, the finish is perfect, and the neck is also very nice--thick, glossy but not sticky, with excellent fretwork. The Reverend pickup gave it a lot of power--it's one mean babe!

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

By heavy do you mean it weighs a ton?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the exact same guitar, but instead of making mine beautiful, I loaned it to a teenager. Instant relic look free of charge...

Seriously though, great job with that. I like the reversed control plate too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice mod's.

Did it take much setup work to get the action so nice, or was it in good shape when you bought it?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

sweet tele there....
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

That is sweet kerc, you did a nice job with it and I like the color combo. Congrats!!

Post Thanks / Like

@M29, Kazz & Eric: Thanks!

@Tig: Not that much to be honest. I don't know if i got lucky, but I just went through the motions of my usual guitar setup work, and it wasn't that far off from what I dig.

@Spudman: It is kinda heavy, although it could be that I'm used to my light Club King, which is the guitar I noodle with 80% of the time.

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one, Kerc. I really like it. What's the story on that amp? Home made?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the amph