Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Lâg Guitars: Info from our Euro Fretters?

Thread: Lâg Guitars: Info from our Euro Fretters?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Lâg Guitars: Info from our Euro Fretters?

Lâg is starting to make it's way onto US shores as the latest import acoustic. They are advertising hard in all the magazines. Premier Guitar just published a fairly good review on the T400DCE model. Video review, too.

So, does anyone have any experience playing or owning any of the Lâg acoustics? They appear to be of decent quality for the price range, with solid tops on the medium and better models.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haven't a clue of acoustics but Lag electrics had a good rep back in the 80's. A friend played a Lag bass for like 20 years and was happy with it. I didn't even know they make acoustics - when I think of Lag I think of guitars very similar to Jackson dinky - the last time I played one was in '88 or so and was this superstrat which weighed next to nothing and had woods that chimed all the way through when you flipped a switch even, extrememly lively.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.