Thread: Looking for an intro - who can help?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for an intro - who can help?

Hi folks,

We are currently looking for a good intro for our gigs. Something that comes from tape, before or while we enter the stage.

Most of you know that my band plays rock oriented Blues.

Has maybe someone of you something I could use as an intro? Maybe you can upload something that I could download.

We try to avoid the klischee stuff, like Mission Impossible Theme, All things Blues Brothers, James Bond Theme etc.

Looking forward to getting your input. Hopefully some of you have something at hand that I could download.

"A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I've used "Linus and Lucy" in the past. It's lighthearted and recognizable. Aerosmith has used "Flight of the Valkyries."

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've used Ren and Stimpy 'Happy Happy Joy Joy Song' several times. It's fun.

I've also recorded a spoken/screamed intro for a friend's band saying something like 'Noooowww welcome on stage the country's...nooo, the univerrrrrsum's greeeatest band....(band name)'
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    I've used Ren and Stimpy 'Happy Happy Joy Joy Song' several times. It's fun.

I've also recorded a spoken/screamed intro for a friend's band saying something like 'Noooowww welcome on stage the country's...nooo, the univerrrrrsum's greeeatest band....(band name)'

D, could you also record something for my band?
    Band Name = Jimmy Steeltown & The Rolling Dice
    Style = Blues and Rock

That would be great!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    D, could you also record something for my band?
    Band Name = Jimmy Steeltown & The Rolling Dice
    Style = Blues and Rock

That would be great!
    Heh, sure...here's a few, hope you can use 'em:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/clips/steeltown.mp3

http://deeaa.pp.fi/clips/steeltown_spinaltap.mp3

They start the same but on the other I added a proper Spinal Tap scream/verb ending :-)
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, that was sweet! Love the scream, Dee!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    Heh, sure...here's a few, hope you can use 'em:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/clips/steeltown.mp3

http://deeaa.pp.fi/clips/steeltown_spinaltap.mp3

They start the same but on the other I added a proper Spinal Tap scream/verb ending :-)
    THAT IS SO FU***** AMAZING AND GREAT OF YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dee

Post Thanks / Like

Deeaa if you`d been on tonight's Eurovision for Finland i would have voted for you .

Post Thanks / Like

That is really cool with the scream at the end-great job Dee

Post Thanks / Like

So I guess it's too late to suggest Asia's Final Countdown? Hey, it worked for Gob on Arrested Development.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.