Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 64 Bassman Computer Speaker

Post Thanks / Like

Wink 64 Bassman Computer Speaker

Had way too much time on my hands today my friends... got to thinking , wouldn't it be cool to have a set of computer speakers that were a scale model of my 64 bassman cab . HMMMM.. took some measurements and hit the web looking for some program to scale down the measurements of the real thing ...scaled measurements in hand i hit the workshop grabbed a can of molson and began chopping wood , cut the tops, bottoms , sides and put em together , made some supports for the back panel and baffle , found an old set of computer speakers ripe for canibalization and got another molson ...sized up the whole thing and thought way to late to turn back now so ..i cut the baffle and had another molson . The libations had a soothing effect and i began wondering what i could use for tolex and grill cloth, still not shure , ..anyway this thing began to take on a life of its own , thoughts of robbing the amplifier section out of a set of powered computer speakers and building a scale version of the head , figured i could take some pics of my logos and faceplate and resize them to fit my project , got thirsty and had another molson ... anyway i made a little progress but still need some help on the tolex and grill cloth improvisations keeping in mind the scale must work , anybody got any suggestions ... after a few more molsons i began thinking of how cool a couple of scale marshall cabs would look flanking my monitor , got to do it .. heres a few pics of my project , keep in mind how cool it will look with a black tolex covering and some silver grill cloth , and maybe a powered head ....YE GODS ... 6S9L... Oh yeah HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
    Last edited by 6STRINGS 9LIVES; October 24th, 2006 at 09:10 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, that's awesome! Yeah, Marshall cabs would look great indeed. I don't have any suggestion on how you make it realistic, but kudos to you for being so creative. Those Molsons give you great ideas, eh?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

You be careful with those power tools, 69SL - esp. w/ a sixer of Molson's in ya'. Don't want to have to re-learn to play guitar like Jerry Garcia or Tony Iommi!

Post Thanks / Like

Really cool idea. Careful with the Molsons or you might end up trashing the speakers while listening to the Who Live @ Leeds.

Post Thanks / Like

The Molson application also imparts a vintage tone to three inch speakers.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there room in there for your tweeter?

M29

Post Thanks / Like

6s9l, thats going to be awesome! Keep us updated on this project.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Tolex installation , too much molson yesterday , too much contact cement tonight ...i'll keep ya posted ....
    Last edited by 6STRINGS 9LIVES; October 24th, 2006 at 09:15 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

Post Thanks / Like

More sawdust , more molson , gotta make the amp section out of the computer speakers fit in the head , anybody know how to scale a picture , need to get a pic of the faceplate scaled to 1/4 scale .. any photography geeks out there ... need fender logo's scaled too ..
    Last edited by 6STRINGS 9LIVES; October 24th, 2006 at 09:15 AM.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool man! How encouraging to see you are checking out the Fret while you are working on your project and doing web math!

Scale a picture - do you mean resize a photo? I recommend www.irfanview.com for a free photo program that really works well. If you get that program, go to to Edit/Resample and pick your size.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics! You can even see The Fret in the background! Let's see...

Amph/room dynamics... duhVoodoMan

POD XT Live Nelskie

Looper Pedals Spudman

Positions? Plank Spanker

GFS toploader bridge for... kerc

"General question"... Warren (hard to tell, but it looks like it is one of the first 7 or 8 hundred of them)

& I didn't even have any Molsons!
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; October 12th, 2006 at 07:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

6s9l, looks like its going to be great! No wonder with the generous amount of lager you seem to drink
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Big And Little.....
    Attachment 635

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6STRINGS 9LIVES
    Big And Little.....
    LOL!! That's super cool!
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Echoing Spanky.

That is so freakin' cool!

Now you just need to turn your mouse into a microstrat with the mouse cord as the guitar chord.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

6s9l....

!!!!!!!!!!!! INCREDIBLE! FANTASTIC! AMAZING! (I wish I had 1% of your creative talent)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks , dudes.. but there was something missing ..ahh the molsons ..it is a fun little project , not finished yet , not while there is still beer in the cooler ...6S9L

Attachment 637

Attachment 639
    Last edited by 6STRINGS 9LIVES; October 16th, 2006 at 07:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6STRINGS 9LIVES
    Thanks , dudes.. but there was something missing ..ahh the molsons ..it is a fun little project , not finished yet , not while there is still beer in the cooler ...6S9L
    I was *just* gonna' ask about the Molsons!!

But you're fibbing, we know that they're were more than 2 involved in this project!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Sneak peek at my powered stack computer/laptop speakers, not quite finished but i couldn't resist , gotta build the other side of the stereo pair this week , and finish the detail stuff ...
    Last edited by 6STRINGS 9LIVES; November 9th, 2006 at 12:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast