Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Classic Players Strat

Thread: Classic Players Strat

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Classic Players Strat

I have been looking at the Classic Players Strat with the gold trim and the vintage noisless pickups.

Anyone have any specific knowledge of one of these strats and how they compare to an American Standard or MIM standard?

The vintage noisless pickups are definitely enticing.

I notice, however, that Fender has a new noisless, N three pickups out, and of course there are the hot noiseless pickups.

With the various noiseless pups available on the different strats, I'm wondering how people are rating the Classic Players strats.

They are fairly priced strats and have a good feature set and the ash body. The switching with the button for the bridge neck combo and all three seems like a nice option.

Any feedback on these awesome looking guitars is appreciated.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Duffy: The Strat you are describing I think is the Deluxe Players Strat. It had the gold hardware, Tort gaurd, and 12 inch radius, extra pickup selector button, and VNoisless pickups.
    I had the 3 color burst with maple board. I really like it but I had three Burst strats, and I used it on trade for my Les Paul classic.
    If it is the guitar you are looking at, it came in several colors and all were transparent finishes. All had the Tort gaurd and ti had rosewood or maple neck. The neck was chuncky and the tone from the body was excellent. I liked the pickup button because you could get some really nice tones with it.
    Gold hardware didn't tarnish after many years and kind of wish I still had it.
    The VN pickups are excellent. A really nice guitar for the money.

The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster. I've got more info on http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitars...players_strat/

Here's a demo.

Last edited by Robert; May 31st, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Robert also had a Deluxe Player Strat. Fender seems to have many versions of the Classic Player Strat. They have a 50s, 60s and 70s, and a Custom shop designed also. Very confusing. The Deluxe is a MIM with a lot of U.S. hardware and Electronics. It basically has an S-1 switch but not incorportated into the volume control. It came with a deluxe gig bag and a 12 inch radius on the neck. I think they were going for about 699 int he US.
    I paid 749 in Canada.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn Robert, You make me want to practice more and play better.....
    Last edited by Bilsdragon; May 31st, 2010 at 06:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Duffy: The Strat you are describing I think is the Deluxe Players Strat. It had the gold hardware, Tort gaurd, and 12 inch radius, extra pickup selector button, and VNoisless pickups.
    I had the 3 color burst with maple board. I really like it but I had three Burst strats, and I used it on trade for my Les Paul classic.
    If it is the guitar you are looking at, it came in several colors and all were transparent finishes. All had the Tort gaurd and ti had rosewood or maple neck. The neck was chuncky and the tone from the body was excellent. I liked the pickup button because you could get some really nice tones with it.
    Gold hardware didn't tarnish after many years and kind of wish I still had it.
    The VN pickups are excellent. A really nice guitar for the money.

+1 on this guitar i played 2 different ones and like them both a very cool axe to have in the collection for sure.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nashville telecaster

I got a new Nashville telecaster, honey blonde ash body, rosewood neck, three tex mex pickups, stratomatic five way switching. Awesome guitar. Does not sound like a strat. Great tones however.

More to follow.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

It's always such a pleasure to listen to you play, Robert.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.