Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Relay for Life

Thread: Relay for Life

Post Thanks / Like

Default Relay for Life

I don't think I ever brought it up, but I'm participating in the local Relay for Life this weekend with my partner and aunt and uncle.

In the spirit of the event, I decided to shave my head. Of course, every head-shaving goes in steps.

I started with the mohawk:

Then buzzed the rest of it as close as I could get it with the clippers:

I'll update with the chrome dome after my partner "bics" it tomorrow night. I've been trying to get her to bic her head as well for the event, but she seems to think her job wouldn't like it. :-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks cool Main. I appreciate your support of Relay for Life. I help with ours every year. This year, it almost got completely rained out. We were able to run for about 3 or 4 hours before it got too dangerous. Good luck with it!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

That's cool. For the uninitiated like me, what's the story? Is it a walk? A run? It's for cancer research, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good! Thanks for participating.

The Relay for Life is fundraiser for cancer in Canada. It is very successful and gets a lot of support from Canadians.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Careful, Chrome-dome, you might like it and keep it that way!

Good mojo to ya' for running in the Relay.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    The Relay for Life is fundraiser for cancer in Canada. It is very successful and gets a lot of support from Canadians.
    Wikipedia wasn't of much use -- is it a run or a walk? How far does each person go, how long is the whole thing, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Google is your friend .... -

The first Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life event in Canada raised $85,000 in 1999. Since then, the number of Relay events and participants have steadfastly increa
    sed to reach its eleven-year milestone in Canada– raising over $52 million at 474 events across Canada.

Canadians from coast to coast have come together to celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones and fight back against the disease, while raising vital funds for the Canadian Cancer Society.

http://www.cancer.ca/canada-wide/how...or%20life.aspx
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses, all.. work was without internet for most of today, so I'm playing catch-up.

Relay for Life (in the US) is to benefit the American Cancer Society... same folks as the CCS, but a little more south.

We're not running, we're walking.. and the rules are simple: go as long as you can... and participate in the "fun things" (like "dance hour" and "crazy hat hour", etc.)

Off to bic the head. And no worries.. I can't wait for it to grow back. :-D
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box

Post Thanks / Like

As promised...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mainestratman
    Relay for Life (in the US) is to benefit the American Cancer Society... same folks as the CCS, but a little more south.

We're not running, we're walking.. and the rules are simple: go as long as you can... and participate in the "fun things" (like "dance hour" and "crazy hat hour", etc.)
    Eric, to back up Robert and Mainstrat, Relay for Life does a great job raising money for cancer research. It is sponsored by the American Cancer Society in the US and is indeed a WALK. Usually, there's lots of crazy games and contests going on while it's happening. In our community, it's a big event that draws hundreds of people. We started out running all night from 6 p.m. till 6 a.m. The last few years though, we run from 6 p.m. till midnight. A lot of money is raised AT the event, but the majority is actually raised ahead of then.

I'm proud of our community and it's support for Relay. Our population in the city is about 3,500 and about 11,000 in the county, yet we raised $54,000 this year. Our best year was $65,000 and I want to say the lowest year was in the upper $40's to low $50's.

Everyone is touched in some way by cancer and we all need to do what we can to help this cause.
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Ron!

We had a record turnout this year, raising just over $121,000. Not back for little ol' podunk Aroostook County. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to you, Mainestrat for giving of yourself (and your hair!) for such a worthy cause. Have you at all considered your next style? If not here's a suggestion. Not completely unique, but then what really is anyway.
    You could be known as Maineslashman. Or maybe not...

Post Thanks / Like

+50 points for syo.. LOL

As for my "next style".. Tig may be right.. I might keep it closely buzzed.. Don't know yet. :-D