Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look what I just nabbed

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsdragon
    ZMAN, Have you adjusted the neck on your CIJ?? Now that mine has been in my house for a week or so the neck has settled too flat. There wasn't much bow to begin with. I'm getting some fret buzz on the first couple of frets on the d and g string. I was thinking about sacrificing the strings and lifting the pick guard to get at the truss rod. The saddles need some attention, so I could get them shined up at the same time. It also would give me a chance to look under the hood. Let me know what you have done to your CIJ. Thanks, Bill
    Hey Bill I had one issue with the CIJ a couple of years ago. I had it stored in a tweed case under a bed. Not a good thing with a heat duct under there.
    I almost warped the neck so bad it could not be fixed. Luckily I have a good tech who saved it and now it sits in a fender plastic hardshell case. They seem to hold the neck in a more solid position. I have not had to do anything with it. It is completely bone stock and I have no real intentions of changing that.
    The stock pickups are just Ok but it seems to be fairly quiet so I don't want to mess with it.
    If you have to adjust the neck, I would say what the heck! I changed the plain neck plate while I had the neck off.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going operate from the pick guard side, but maybe I'll pop the neck, put in the inserts, clean up the saddles, and have a look under the hood. The only noise it seems to have is a scratchy pick-up switch. I may be able to spray the swith.

My guitars hang in my office at home on string swing hangers. It's a great place with no direct sunlight(curtains always closed) or direct heat or ac blowing on them. The room only varies a few degrees all year round. Anyhow, thanks for the input.

BTW, I nabbed a 2009 Blonde Highway One with a maple board for under $500. I unloaded two guitars that I rarely play to cover the Blondie. I'm starting to enter Strat Heaven. Well, the wife might kill me for my eternal g.a.s.
    I now have the CIJ 68, Black Highway One with HSS, Purple Mim with Mighty-Mite neck with Reverse 70's headstock (built that one myself) and now the Blond in SSS. My other baby is the Worn Brown LP Studio with Burstbuckers. (which scream tbw)

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsdragon
    I was going operate from the pick guard side, but maybe I'll pop the neck, put in the inserts, clean up the saddles, and have a look under the hood. The only noise it seems to have is a scratchy pick-up switch. I may be able to spray the swith.

My guitars hang in my office at home on string swing hangers. It's a great place with no direct sunlight(curtains always closed) or direct heat or ac blowing on them. The room only varies a few degrees all year round. Anyhow, thanks for the input.

BTW, I nabbed a 2009 Blonde Highway One with a maple board for under $500. I unloaded two guitars that I rarely play to cover the Blondie. I'm starting to enter Strat Heaven. Well, the wife might kill me for my eternal g.a.s.
    I now have the CIJ 68, Black Highway One with HSS, Purple Mim with Mighty-Mite neck with Reverse 70's headstock (built that one myself) and now the Blond in SSS. My other baby is the Worn Brown LP Studio with Burstbuckers. (which scream tbw)
    My wife just asks "how many is that now" when I come home with a new guitar. (17 electrics). Now I am running out of space and I am trading and selling to get more. I recently put a set of BB1 and 2 in my Gibson Classic Gold top and they are amazing. I have 9 strats and I think it is kind of overkill. I found now that my GAS has subsided a bit and if I see something, I usually have a similar one already. Lately I have been doing more in the amp direction.
    My CIJ has a scratchy switch as well. I think that with a few tweaks the CIJ will be a great guitar for you. I just can't get past the 7.25 radius. I won't sell it though it is too pretty. LOL
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Blondie is in the house!! I already got the lockers put on. This baby is like new. I already have the body polished by my forearm in the six or eight play hours I've put on her since the other day.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...n/IMG_0062.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...n/IMG_0061.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...n/IMG_0064.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...n/IMG_0063.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12