Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Perpetual Craig's List/Used Gear Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Cool. It uses a 12ax7 for the power tube? Strange.

BTW, this thread reminds me: I sold the tele that I bought. I realized after I got it that at this point in my guitar journey, I'm more of a humbucker type. I sold it off for $425 without the case, which I'd call a success.

I then used that money to get the Godin LG signature I've written about elsewhere, and I really like that one. So it goes.

Now to just sell off an amp and a guitar or two...
    You did well Eric and it never ends.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are doing better than me. Ive been trying to trade some stuff Im not using for stuff I will, mainly either another Epiphone LP or a Agile AL.

So far I had a guy who was wanting to trade me a Epiphone LP plus top for my squier + $40. It had a repaired head stock but figured if it checked out ok Id go for it. We was suppose to make it happen over the weekend he said he needed to postpone and I havent heard back from him.

Another guy had a Crate 212 GFX, I was looking for something a lil more portable than my Randall Half Stack and he was asking $100 for the amp or trade. Bounced some offer's back and forth and then the trail went dead. I think I scared him off after telling him what I was looking for and he said he had a Agile AL-2000, offered the Jagmaster and a Schecter Damien 6.

I just sent another feeler out guy has 2 Epiphone Les Pauls a ebony standard and a cherryburst plus top. Gave him a list of things Id trade, waiting for response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah the key to CL is to check often, and assume that 50% deals won't happen, even if you get a response.

I just spent 2 hours with that Killer Ant, outputted to a 1 x12 cab, with a Weber Sig12S. I'm very very happy. There's not much clean, but that's just fine. I didn't get a 1w (more like .25w) amp for clean, I got it for dirt at levels that won't rattle my windows. And I'm super pleased.

I cranked it to 10, and I get a nice dirty sound, without a pedal. Stomp on the dirt pedal and I get plenty of distortion. Controlled everything from the knobs on my tele. Sat right in front of the cab and my ears are barely ringin'. That's cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive decided to go a diffrent route. I just listed several things thought Id see what kind of cash offer's or trades I can get. After working with that one guy for almost 2 hours on a deal that died. And days going by after initial emails with 2 others. So I just listed everything Id consider trading or selling to fill my holes. So lets see.....incase someone is in my area from here....I listed the following

Squier Jagmaster
    Schecter Damien 6
    Boss DS-1
    Digitech Metal Master
    Digitech RP255(hate that thing..probably should call MF and see about exchanging it.)
    Randall RX120D and RX 4x12 cab

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hope you put a price on them. There's nothing worse than a person who lists their stuff on CL and simply says "Taking Offers". If you want a bidding war, go to E-Bay. IMHO, of course

I had a Digitech RP100. It took me a few months to even plug it in and try it. 15 minutes after I tried it, I put it on the curb with a sign "free" on it. (Seriously.)

Also, regarding the Randall, I have a friend who has that exact set up and likes it a lot, but it is too much for home practice. I had a Fender Stage 1000, for a while (SS, 1x12 with digital effects) that he absolutely raved about. If you ar looking for something smaller to try (used)...you'll probably see Fender Stage 100, 160, 1000, 1600, and 212R....You should give one a listen if one comes up on CL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    I had a Digitech RP100. It took me a few months to even plug it in and try it. 15 minutes after I tried it, I put it on the curb with a sign "free" on it. (Seriously.)
    *sniff*

So sad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know why I didnt think about it before hand, but the RP255 is headed back to MF today. Going to exchange it for a Fender Champion 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

*sniff*

So sad...
    Don't be sad. The next day, a neighbor stopped over and thanked me. He loves it. So the RP100 rides on!

Post Thanks / Like

Rockin'
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Been meaning to post, I don't buy much gear anymore, but I did score a nice Ibanez TS-9DX Tube Screamer on CL a few weeks ago, mint shape for $45. The only usable setting for me is the "TS9" setting. The other three totally suck, IMHO of course.

Post Thanks / Like

CL's Bad Monkey for 15 bucks, a few weeks ago.Minor battery connector problem, otherwise fully functional.
    Was promised to someone else, but I was there first, a common thing I guess.

BTW, I want to sell a woodstove on CL. and am not sure how to handle lowballers, haglers, which I am sure will turn up!
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poodlesrule
    CL's Bad Monkey for 15 bucks, a few weeks ago.Minor battery connector problem, otherwise fully functional.
    Was promised to someone else, but I was there first, a common thing I guess.

BTW, I want to sell a woodstove on CL. and am not sure how to handle lowballers, haglers, which I am sure will turn up!
    Id suggest being polite as possible when turning them down. If you call them out on low ball offer's then your likely to continue getting harassing emails. I got some crazy offers when I listed a Dodge Ram 1500 on there a few years ago, ended up trading it for my boat which if my buddy doesnt trade me out of I think is headed back to CL.

I think regardless you will get crazy offers. So far with the stuff I recently listed I had one guy offer me a J.Reynolds strat and a mic he didnt even have a brand name for my Schecter and a Boss DS-1. I was polite and thanked him for the offer. O yea and I did pass on the deal.

Post Thanks / Like

We're trying to sell a new recliner on there right now. Got a grand total of one offer from an obvious scammer.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

There's a definite art to selling on CL. For instance...

• never lump any items together in the same ad
    • always know what the keywords are and put them in the title (e.g. 'American' with guitars)
    • understand who is looking there -- probably not people who have tons of money to burn and like spending it, and probably not people who are looking for new stuff
    • realize that you and a lot of the people selling would like to be paid to have less junk, but are not actually ready to sell the item in question at the market price
    • pretty much everybody has ADHD when it comes to shopping on craigslist

Those are the lessons I've learned. At this point, I don't even bother listing stuff unless I'm ready to take less money for an item than I think it's worth. I'd say I tend to see stuff go for anywhere from 50%-80% of the street price, depending on the popularity, condition, and a few other factors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2003683169.html

Look at this jackass, freely admitting he's trying to sell the Taylor for more than it's worth. LOL.

I have for sale a Taylor Big Baby acoustic in EXCELLENT BRAND NEW CONDITION

-i played it for literally 1 week and it has sat since.. (bought it in JUNE)

-i purchased the highest extended warranty for it, so it is good for a long time

-it comes with Elixer strings also!!

-I also purchased the taylor gig bag.. this guitar is ready to go to a home where it will be played

-I just dont like seeing my guitars sit around!!!

-they are 289 at guitar center and that doesnt include the warranty and the gig bag. or even tax!!!.. so why pay more for the same condition!!! half the time your buying the display at guitar center anyways!!

-$300

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2003683169.html

Look at this jackass, freely admitting he's trying to sell the Taylor for more than it's worth. LOL.
    I get his point, but it's the same mistake everyone else makes: thinking that the bonus features and money spent by you equates to people wanting to give you more money on craigslist. That's probably the single biggest thing that people love to do on CL.

Post Thanks / Like

I get his point, but it's the same mistake everyone else makes: thinking that the bonus features and money spent by you equates to people wanting to give you more money on craigslist. That's probably the single biggest thing that people love to do on CL.

That dont just apply to CL, a local music store put a full guitar decal, vinyl cover whatever you want to call it on a Peavey SE-2 I think their mid level single cut and wants $50 more than Peavey's site lists the "sale price" of them. I do beleive Peavey's sale price is more like a MF or GC price than a retail or MSRP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2008002187.html

MY 16 YEAR OLD SON NO LONGER HAS INTEREST IN MUSIC. HE WANTS TO SELL HIS FENDER ELECTRIC QUITAR (BLACK) FROM LENTINE'S, HIS MARSHALL AMPLIFIER FROM GUITAR CENTER, THE CORD FROM GUITAR CENTER, A BLACK GUITAR CASE FROM LENTINE'S, THE GUITAR STAND CAME FROM WALMART. HE PURCHASED A SPECIAL LEATHER STRAP FOR BETTER SECURITY ALSO FROM GUITAR CENTER. WE HAVE THE ORIGINAL PAPERS FROM LENTINE'S FOR THE GUITAR KIT WHICH WE HAVE PURCHASED IN JUNE OF 2006. HE HAS HAD 2 AMPLIFIERS. THIS IS HIS SECOND ONE IN WHICH WE BOUGHT FROM GUITAR CENTER THAT WE ALSO HAVE PAPERS ON. THIS AMPLIFIER WAS PURCHASED IN 2007. ALL OF THESE ITEMS ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. HE TOOK VERY GOOD CARE OF THESE.

TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA ON WHAT WE PAID ON ALL OF THIS:

GUITAR KIT $165.00....LENTINE'S FAIRLAWN
    MARSHALL AMPLIFIER 69.99....GUITAR CENTER FAIRLAWN
    BLACK GUITAR CASE 70.00 LENTINE'S FAIRLAWN
    CORD $12 - $14....GUITAR CENTER FAIRLAWN
    STRAP $15 - $20....GUITAR CENTER FAIRLAWN
    GUITAR STAND $9.99....WALMART FAIRLAWN

AS I MENTIONED AT THE BEGINNING, HE IS NO LONGER INTERESTED IN MUSIC. HE IS GETTING OLDER NOW AND KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS TO DO WITH HIS LIFE AND HAS GOALS IN MIND. HE IS INTO AUTO MECHANICS, HE LOVES CARS AND HAS STARTED A NEW CAREER THIS SCHOOL YEAR. HE IS TAKING AUTO TECH AND WANTS TO HELP PAY FOR HIS TOOLS AND SUPPLIES HE WILL NEED FOR HIS AUTO TECH CLASS. SO, HE ASKED ME TO POST THIS FOR HIM SO HE CAN GET STARTED ON PAYING HIS WAY TOWARDS HIS FUTURE.

FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT 330-836-1223 OR LEAVE MESSAGE AT 330-858-8103 THANKS, CHERYL... WILLING TO MAKE OFFER!!
    Lots of stuff going on here:

1. TMI
    2. All Caps
    3. $300 for that crap ($348 total listed)?

Post Thanks / Like

_____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast