Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Perpetual Craig's List/Used Gear Thread - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Perpetual Craig's List/Used Gear Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Found a local one barely used, in box for $70. I might just do it myself!
    He had it listed a month ago for $85, but is now taking $70. Hmmmm...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have a deal to get it tomorrow for $60, so I guess it's NAD(P) -- New Amph Day (Pending). Hopefully this is a good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Darn you guys.

I'll wait and see what y'all got to say before I get me one. Of course it'll be new.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Found a local one barely used, in box for $70. I might just do it myself!
    He had it listed a month ago for $85, but is now taking $70. Hmmmm...
    So did you get this? If so, what do you think?
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    So did you get this? If so, what do you think?
    I got it last night. I didn't have much time to play with it, and I didn't know how the controls worked at the time. I like what I heard for the most part. It sounds much better than it should, even before any updates or customizing.

Today I read the quick start guide, so I understand it now. I am currently downloading the Ableton recording app, which is huge. I already downloaded the Fuse app and updated the amp's BIOS. I'll have to spend some more time with everything though.

Later, I'll test my spare Jenson MOD 8" speaker against the stock one to see if there is any worthwhile difference. The Jenson speaker only cost about $26, so who knows. If I want to really change it, I'll throw in a 10" speaker, which will fit without any cab mods.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/2455785323.html

Aren't these supposed to be good, or is it the later ones that earn high praise?

Post Thanks / Like

Bass amp: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/2402155178.html

Aren't these supposed to be pretty decent? If it's older and/or scratched as he says, what would be a good price?

Update: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/2465777888.html Anything good here?

Post Thanks / Like

What about this Schecter Corsair semi-hollow for $395? I've been wanting to get my hands on a semi-hollowbody, but don't have the $500+ it seems to take to get a good one. The reviews on this seem pretty good, anyone have personal experience? http://kansascity.craigslist.org/msg/2536330793.html I'll probably be in KC pretty soon as my niece just had a baby and the wife can't wait to get her hands on it.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

I know nothing about those Schecters, but it's pretty. What's it go for new? Ah, looks like $800. I suppose that's a pretty good deal then. I like the location of the pickup selector. Hopefully someone will chime in who knows something about those guitars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My wife paid $375 for my Ibanez Artcore. It was in impeccable condition, but i think she overpaid. Offer the guy $300, unless you play it and it REALLY speaks to you. Because if you go to sell it, you'll have a tough time getting more than $300 for it.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

At half the MF price I'd say it's a fair deal. It looks great and I would not expect it to sit around long. Might be smart to contact the guy and tell him you will be coming to town to look at it and ask him to hold it for you. Might work.

I'm sure you would be happy with it if it is in great playable shape. I have a Schecter semi hollow C-1 E/A that is super beautiful and plays great. I put real SD pickups in it, JB/59 nickel covered. Awesome stereo guitar.

That is definitely a nice looking guitar, but playing it and looking it over would be the real test of value.

Good luck on that one and don't expect it to sit around long.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was too late on the Schecter, but I did just grab my first pedal! It's a Way Huge Foot Pig fuzz pedal for $30! I thought they went for about $300 and when I saw the CL ad I figured I'd call and he'd say it was a typo. Nope, I got it for $30! I was worried it was stolen, but the guy acted like he's used it for awhile. He only had one other pedal and he could play pretty good.

From the samples I heard on the web, I like the Foot Pig more than the Swollen Pickle.

The Fuzz knob is a little scratchy, the plug in cord is broken, and it's missing three screws from the bottom when he changed the battery, but it works great. Looks new, just dusty.

Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Great score Retro Hound.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Local store in Kent has a Blues Jr, used. It's got some wear, but it's covered in tweed which is cool. He's asking $250. It's pretty tempting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
    Local store in Kent has a Blues Jr, used. It's got some wear, but it's covered in tweed which is cool. He's asking $250. It's pretty tempting.
    That sounds like a good price. I'm personally a fan of SS amps these days -- I don't feel as bad about cycling the power, since there's no real heat-up time. I need to get a place where I can play loud and use tubes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've read enough about that issue Eric. I'm convinced that standby switches are superfluous and the on/off cycle's effect on tubes is negligible. Tubes are cheap. If they were 100 bucks a piece, I'd worry. But they aren't. Also, I'm pretty sure that amp I mentioned is a Pro Jr. It was hard to read the tag last night, it was dark and I had a few beers in me. (The music shop is also a beer bar/live music dive). Still, if he'd take 200 for a Pro Jr., I'd take it.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read enough about that issue Eric. I'm convinced that standby switches are superfluous and the on/off cycle's effect on tubes is negligible. Tubes are cheap. If they were 100 bucks a piece, I'd worry. But they aren't. Also, I'm pretty sure that amp I mentioned is a Pro Jr. It was hard to read the tag last night, it was dark and I had a few beers in me. (The music shop is also a beer bar/live music dive). Still, if he'd take 200 for a Pro Jr., I'd take it.
    Oh, I wasn't commenting on whether you should buy or not with that side note...just rambling about whatever came to mind. I actually haven't read much of anything on tubes heating up -- I just know that it does take them a little while to heat up, since I can't hear anything from the speaker until they do. Care to enlighten me on what you've read?

I do a lot of flipping on and off of my amp though, so until I'm more concerned with good tones I'm actually pretty happy with a puny SS amp for practicing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Turning a tube amp on and off does adversely affect tubes, but over the life of the tube, it's pretty insignificant. And Standby switches aren't really necessary. If you've got one, you can use it, but there's really no compellingreason to have one or install one, if your amp doesn't have one.

As for SS amps, I'm totally down with them. That's all I use at home (my Bandit and Pathfinder 15R), that is, until I get home tonight and try out that Pro Jr. (It was a Pro), that my wife scored this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Turning a tube amp on and off does adversely affect tubes, but over the life of the tube, it's pretty insignificant. And Standby switches aren't really necessary. If you've got one, you can use it, but there's really no compellingreason to have one or install one, if your amp doesn't have one.

As for SS amps, I'm totally down with them. That's all I use at home (my Bandit and Pathfinder 15R), that is, until I get home tonight and try out that Pro Jr. (It was a Pro), that my wife scored this afternoon.
    Awesome wife Commodore!

Congrats on the new amph.

So, you have a used music store/dive bar?

Drinking while shopping for gear?

This sounds fun and interesting.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast