Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Perpetual Craig's List/Used Gear Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah it is interesting. I'm having some issues with the amp tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
    Feeling ambitious? You might try rebuilding the amp on an eyelet board:

http://www.dreamtone.org/PJ.htm

Not for the faint of heart, though.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Meeting someone this evening to trade a couple of pedals (BD-2 and FZ-5) for an Epiphone Valve Jr. Should dovetail nicely with my recapping/retube socketing activities with the Pro Jr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Valve Jr. Trade went nicely. Tomorrow I'm trading my Pathfinder 15R for a Lovepedal Amp50. I let a harmonica player borrow my Allum Modded Blues Driver, and traded 2 other dirt pedals for that Valve Jr. I'm down to a Polytune and the BYOC British Blues pedal as my only pedals.

Aforementioned Harp player brought over his 1966 Blackface Champ. Sockets needed retensioning. So I got to play on that for 15 minutes or so. Well worth the time I spent working on it for him. Someone had already put new electolytics in there. They did it the dirty ugly way though, there's no more cap can.

Post Thanks / Like

Valve Jr. Trade went nicely. Tomorrow I'm trading my Pathfinder 15R for a Lovepedal Amp50. I let a harmonica player borrow my Allum Modded Blues Driver, and traded 2 other dirt pedals for that Valve Jr. I'm down to a Polytune and the BYOC British Blues pedal as my only pedals.
    Simple is always good. What do you use for lead boosts? Do your amps have one built in or do you use guitar volume or what?

What's the Lovepedal Amp50 do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I usually use the Allum Modded BD-2 for my boost pedal. I actually used the FZ-5 when we rehearsed Mr. Soul, so I'm gonna miss it a little bit. I haven't really made friends with the dirt channel on my Peavey Classic 30. In fact, I'm probably gonna gig that Pro Jr. (I understand our drummer is not a "beater"). That BD-2 actually works pretty nice for a booster.

I'm hoping that the Amp 50 has some good hair on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use the Allum Modded BD-2 for my boost pedal. I actually used the FZ-5 when we rehearsed Mr. Soul, so I'm gonna miss it a little bit. I haven't really made friends with the dirt channel on my Peavey Classic 30. In fact, I'm probably gonna gig that Pro Jr. (I understand our drummer is not a "beater"). That BD-2 actually works pretty nice for a booster.

I'm hoping that the Amp 50 has some good hair on it.
    I saw that video after I posted my comment. I'm starting to think that pedals are a bit overrated, kind of the way you view pickups. I have a fuzz, OD/distortion, and boost pedal on my board, along with a Tech21 Sansamp for plugging direct into the sound board, and I could probably use any of them for any of the roles I listed. Sure, some might sound a little better at bedroom volumes, but when you're up to band volume it usually doesn't matter to me as long as the levels are right and you're in the ballpark.

It's nice to have pedals that work well and do their jobs, but I just can't see spending $200-300 on a boutique pedal unless you're talking about recording, and when you get into that it seems like modeling is beginning to take over anyway.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There's a Bronco amp (VibroChamp) on my local CL. I think the asking price is high, wanted to get your thoughts. I offered him $300, waiting to hear back. I'm thinking $350 is probably the max I'd go. Any thoughts?

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2759769932.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL. Look at the description of this Randall http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2760492938.html
    This is a great working randall 100 sc guitar amp.. the amp is beat up but I've had it for about 5 years...been though hell and back with gigs but never has stop
    ....sad to give it up but I have enough gear.....well that being said. The amp has a missing volume knod on distrotion channel but is up eough to jam out .....I use the master control andit has only one 12in create speaker in it because I went to jail and my roommate thought it best to steal and used the speakers out of the amp for his car
    messing up a 350 dollar i took it in and had them put in a speaker and used it for house jamming since then .....it still ever loud with broken knob( stated earlier)
    which happen at b j's pawn ...never taking nothing thier again.....text for offers and more pics and info ....looking to move this so any resonable offer considered
    amp has 2 channels one clean one distortion also has stereo chours and reverb and ect.... do your research great amps top dollar deal at a bottm barrel price

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like that one was taken down. Good job on quoting it. Pretty funny stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a Bronco amp (VibroChamp) on my local CL. I think the asking price is high, wanted to get your thoughts. I offered him $300, waiting to hear back. I'm thinking $350 is probably the max I'd go. Any thoughts?

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2759769932.html
    I thought the Bronco amph was solid state??? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but even $300 sounds like a lot to me... I could be certainly wrong about whether or not it has tubes, though.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bronco is a student version of the VibroCHamp. It's a 1968 Drip Edge Bronco. Seller got back to me, said he put it on Ebay, and will get back to me if it doesn't sell. I'd have driven down there today to get it, cash in hand, too. Check it: http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2759769932.html

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, now I see them tubes! Forgive my ignorance.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There was a post recently about the Behringer GMX110, V-Tone 30W Tech-21 clone, but with digital FX to boot.

Well I just bought one...picking it up this afternoon for 40€. Not a bad price, it's a nice amp indeed for the money especially...looking forward to playing it quite a lot in my livingroom in the future :-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I'm curious to hear what you think about it compared to the regular T21 amps. I thought the GM110 was the original TM30 clone. Is the GMX something different, or did they just tack on some FX?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Trying to nab a EH Holy Stain pedal (reverb, tremolo, pitch shifting). Seller is in my hometown, been trying to sell for a few weeks, but hasn't returned my email yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Short 110 review...okay...

Well it ain't no Tech-21 that's for sure, as much is immediately apparent.

Don't get me wrong, now - the amp can yield sshweeet tones very close to those of the Tech-21's do, actually in some ways perhaps even cooler tones...because of the issues, that is.

The first thing you notice is that the sound is very flat and incredibly compressed. It really 'pumps' even as if there was a compressor, and while this can be really annoying (I found it hard to dial in a decent, tight rhythm driven tone), there is a silver lining to that...leads really 'wail' and sound crazy because of the compression. Bend some high driven notes and apply vibrato and it sure sounds 'tubey' to say the least. Really cool screams.

But there are problems. Besides the over-the top pumping compression quality of the sound, it's nigh impossible to dial a decently even sound in; if you get the top end bright enough, the mids sound dull, or the bass weird...the EQ is even too effective going from really dull to glistening highs in a flash but doesn't affect the mids. This makes it really hard to find a driven tone that works for everything, one of the best qualities of Tech-21.

But it can still sound good.

Also, it has two channels, and the clean channel can also sound great; it crunches up very nicely for SS amp indeed, and on this side there's no compression as in drive side. Could work very very well as a crunchy rock sound amp and might accept pedals well. There are problems here too; if you set the EQ nice on clean channel, it won't work on drive side and vice versa. And also - and this is what I find with all Behringer amps I've tried - the channel switching is wayyyy slow making it impossible to switch channels nice and smooth and accurately. It just kinda goes...oh...channel change..ok...HA! Gothca! Didn't think it'd change just at that second, did you? (If it could speak...LOL)

Anyway...I would NOT say it's a good overall amp, but it'll work very well for some solo wailing or rock chording at home no doubt!
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Played the thing last night for a good while, and yeah despite the issues, it really does sound great at very low volumes too...a delight to play leads on. Maybe just that crazy compression does it. It reminds me a lot of Dod Fx100 od pedals wail.

Also remember I play with active pups...it might not be similarly squashed with passives.

Anyway the verdict stays, it has obvious issues and is not what I would get for any other use than for playing at home but at that it can sound great!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out!
    http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/2819707837.html

6 space SKB case for $50

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast