Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Perpetual Craig's List/Used Gear Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Perpetual Craig's List/Used Gear Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    First things first...I'd hit that.

On my CL, there's a Tech21 that's calling out to me. And my Xmas bonus gets dropped in my account in a few days.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2107029841.html
    ....except that it's rated at 30 watts. $165 is a good price, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie
    ....except that it's rated at 30 watts. $165 is a good price, though.
    Yup and yup. Do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

How bout a neck for $2000?

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/msg/2111779297.html

Vintage Fender Stratocaster Neck Dated 11/59
    Tuners had been replaced a couple times before I got the neck
    then I change them too to keep it in tune better.
    I have put the originals back on it to sell.
    Have more pics...Asking $2000 {Firm}

Seems high to me.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Hound
    How bout a neck for $2000?

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/msg/2111779297.html

Vintage Fender Stratocaster Neck Dated 11/59
    Tuners had been replaced a couple times before I got the neck
    then I change them too to keep it in tune better.
    I have put the originals back on it to sell.
    Have more pics...Asking $2000 {Firm}

Seems high to me.
    "tipical ware"...a real genius.

I also like how the person is "asking" $2000 (firm). I'm pretty sure those don't usually go together.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an ad here. May be around for a while.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/msg/2109242735.html
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    Here's an ad here. May be around for a while.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/msg/2109242735.html
    About that SG... "It's dead, Jim".
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pics to follow tonight, but yesterday I met someone to buy a Pathfinder 15R for $75, and I ended up spending $300 but came home with a Pathfinder 15, a Pathfinder 15R and a 2008 Sunburst MIM Tele. The Tele has the 3 barrel ashtray bridge, but he gave me the original bridge too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    Pics to follow tonight, but yesterday I met someone to buy a Pathfinder 15R for $75, and I ended up spending $300 but came home with a Pathfinder 15, a Pathfinder 15R and a 2008 Sunburst MIM Tele. The Tele has the 3 barrel ashtray bridge, but he gave me the original bridge too.
    All that for only $300? That was a great deal!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gear

Commodore,

Don't be surprised if the '08 MIM tele doesn't have noise cancelling in the middle pickup switch position, like my '10 doesn't. I was going to put noisless pups in it but changed my mind because the ceramic stock tele pickups have great tone that would probably be sacrificed with noisless pickups.

I did, however, pick up a set of Fender Vintage Noiseless tele pups that I'm going to put in a nice Squier Standard tele that I have, and see how I like the tone. A plus will be that it will be enjoyable to have a noiseless tele for high gain amps and pedals. The stock MIM gets real noisy at high gain unless you turn down the guitar and amp controls, and that eliminates a lot of the tele tone that I enjoy.

What a great deal. I never see great deals on Craigslist around here. These guys want almost MF prices and sometimes more - doesn't make sense to buy from them.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If I can get my shit together, I'd love to do a demo of the 2008 MiM Tele and my 1994 MiM Tele Squier Series. Both have the stock PUPs so it would be cool to compare them.

One of the reasons I don't do demos is that I don't know WTF to play to demo something. I mean Open chords and Barre CHords would prolly get old fast, heh.

Post Thanks / Like

These are two oddballs:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/2123090156.html

This one seems to be trying to sell to the ignorant consumer. I'm guessing MIM, which would be worth...what? Also, what's up with a strap button on each horn?

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/2122946707.html

Since this says Fender right on the headstock, I'm not clear on what it is if it isn't a strat.

People are strange...

Post Thanks / Like

Partscaster. You can buy Fender logos all day long on Ebay. Honestly, depending on the hardware, $400 might be a decent price on that guitar. A lot of times you can get into a pieced together guitar with very nice components for less than you can get a used MIM Strat.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2149292913.html

Guy wants to trade his Peavey Classic 30 for a Blues Jr. I have a Blues Jr. I wonder if I should send him a message...

Post Thanks / Like

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/2240612195.html

Anybody know anything about these? I'd like to get a cabinet at some point, though I think I'll be moving out of my house eventually, so maybe I should wait. Anyway, I was considering offering him my Crate V50 or some combination of stuff for this. Maybe cash. What do you think?

I also found an Epiphone SoCal 4x12 for $200. How are those?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/2240612195.html

Anybody know anything about these? I'd like to get a cabinet at some point, though I think I'll be moving out of my house eventually, so maybe I should wait. Anyway, I was considering offering him my Crate V50 or some combination of stuff for this. Maybe cash. What do you think?

I also found an Epiphone SoCal 4x12 for $200. How are those?
    I think Old Guy has a SoCal 4x12. From what I found on the web, it is made of birch ply, which is a plus. Maybe he can chime in. FWIW, I'm not a big fan of the Eminence Lady Luck speakers. I have one in a Valve Junior cabinet and it doesn't sound all that great to me. However, four of them may sound different in a 4x12" cab.

My concern about the Marshall cab is that it is one of the low end ones. So there is probably a fair amount of MDF in it. And the speakers are probably not that great.

IMHO, the SoCal is a better buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan View Post
    So there is probably a fair amount of MDF in it.
    What is MDF? Chipboard or something?

He sent me some pictures; it's not super-pristine, so I guess I'll pass. Thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Medium Density Fiber Core Hardwood Plywood (MDF) MDF is made from fine wood dust mixed with a binder and heat-pressed into panels...

I was looking into building speakers at one time, for my home theater. It seemed like MDF was actually preferred. But guitar cabs, seems like birch plywood is preferred.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    What is MDF? Chipboard or something?

He sent me some pictures; it's not super-pristine, so I guess I'll pass. Thanks for the input.
    MDF = medium density fiber board. Basically particle board with a super fine grain. Very heavy, acoustically dead and not very suited to guitar speaker cabinets. It isn't particularly sturdy. It is great for hifi speaker cabs as it doesn't color the sound. Plywood is superior to MDF for guitar speaker cabs.

To complicate things, some cabs have plywood for the top bottom and sides but have MDF for the front and back baffles. IMHO, the best cabs have all ply construction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan View Post
    To complicate things, some cabs have plywood for the top bottom and sides but have MDF for the front and back baffles. IMHO, the best cabs have all ply construction.
    I think I'll look for some NOS old-growth solid Brazilian rosewood guitar cabs.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast