Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you play Smoke On The Water

Post Thanks / Like

I can, and do.

The trick is getting the tone & technique correct. Most people play it hoirribly, horribly wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's one if the first riffs newbies learn, no? That and Iron Man...(here's a little secret you may not know abt Iommi and Iron Man: for that slight 1/4 step dive down at the intro, he presses the low E string behind the nut, strikes the string, then slowly releases the pressure...)

I can and have played it too many times. Never played it live, just another riff to learn through the years. I wonder who all uses standard tuning and who uses dropped-D? Anybody? I've always used standard, but dropped-D has become so de riguer these days...
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but why would I want to?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12